Venice

Options

Comments

• Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I agree.
    Real MSErs would always take the cheapest route which is FR into TSF then coach to Venice.

I disagree - real MSErs would calculate how much money they wanted to spend according to their plans, and go with that. Not all MSErs are trying to shave off every penny, just go with whatever their own circumstances are.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tiglath wrote: »
    I disagree - real MSErs would calculate how much money they wanted to spend according to their plans, and go with that. Not all MSErs are trying to shave off every penny, just go with whatever their own circumstances are.

Of course anyone can choose to fly wherever they wish but in the case of Venice the airport at Treviso is ALWAYS cheaper.
    Hence why I posted it in an MSE forum where the MS stands for Money Saving.
    Which is why I said " real " MSErs.
    Geddit ? ;)
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Of course anyone can choose to fly wherever they wish but in the case of Venice the airport at Treviso is ALWAYS cheaper.
    Hence why I posted it in an MSE forum where the MS stands for Money Saving.
    Which is why I said " real " MSErs.
    Geddit ? ;)

I know what you're saying but I still disagree. By your definition, a real MSEr would stay at home!
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tiglath wrote: »
    I know what you're saying but I still disagree. By your definition, a real MSEr would stay at home!

Now that would be a Nobby No-Mates and as we know there are no such people amongst real MSErs. :D
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mands wrote: »
    But a water taxi holds 10 plus luggage and it's perfectly normal to see people waiting at the airport stand to find another couple, strangers, going to a hotel in a similar area. If you can get three couples then the price comes down to about 35€ per couple which is not much more expensive than taking the alilaguna line.
    We paid €50 round trip for two of us on Alilaguna. But our flight was delayed by over two hours, so it was dark when we crossed the lagoon.

That was bad enough, but think how dischuffed I'd have felt if we'd paid for a taxi!
  • Mands
    Mands Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    We paid €50 round trip for two of us on Alilaguna. But our flight was delayed by over two hours, so it was dark when we crossed the lagoon.

That was bad enough, but think how dischuffed I'd have felt if we'd paid for a taxi!

Seriously, seriously dischuffed :)
  • fed_up_and_stressed
    Options
    Venice isn't very disabled friendly i'm afraid lots and lots of steps up and down the bridges. I find Venice rather oppresive due to the small streets but it is beautiful.

Agree with a lot of points the Op makes though.

I prefer Rome personally.
    Spelling courtesy of the whims of auto correct...

Pet Peeves.... queues, vain people and hypocrites ..not necessarily in that order.
  • venetianlagoon
    Options
    Yeah, not disabled friendly. A few bridges had lifts for chairs but the salt water ruined them, so most of em don't work now. It needs a lot of planning I guess if you aren't that mobile.
  • fed_up_and_stressed
    Options
    Yeah, not disabled friendly. A few bridges had lifts for chairs but the salt water ruined them, so most of em don't work now. It needs a lot of planning I guess if you aren't that mobile.

Quite mobile thank you but I do use Disability Aids. I've been on lots of jaunts across the globe by myself (conferences and leisure) but Venice was one of the most disabled unfriendly places I've ever visited due to its design.

However the Italians in general are very accommodating and helpful for disabled people. Rome was a doddle.
    Spelling courtesy of the whims of auto correct...

Pet Peeves.... queues, vain people and hypocrites ..not necessarily in that order.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Venice was one of the most disabled unfriendly places I've ever visited due to its design.
    You think it was designed that way?
    ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family