IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Apcoa Luton Dropping/Picking up PCN

Options

Comments

• Truckert_2
    Truckert_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Stroma,

It will be posted tomorrow and I just get a certificate of postage for my reference if needed correct ?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Yes , don't pay for recorded as a lot of them don't sign for anything, besides its likely to go to a po box in any case. With proof of postage it's legally presumed delivered within 2 working days unless proven otherwise.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Truckert_2
    Options
    Well Appeal popped in post and have proof of postage, lets see what they come back with.
    Will keep everyone updated.
  • Truckert_2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Well I have my response to the appeal and you guessed it appeal rejected.

They have sent me a POPLA code so now I just need your help with the POPLA appeal please.

Interestingly its says on the back of the letter that it states :

"PLEASE NOTE AS THE REGISTERED KEEPER OF THIS VEHICLE,YOU ARE LIABLE FOR THIS TICKET,UNLESS DETAILS OF THE DRIVER ARE PROVIDED"

Is this the case as Its on Airport land so they local by laws come into affect which as I have taken it means that the driver is liable and I have no legal obligation to tell them who that was ????

Whats my next step please people, these APCOA are a joke and I just want to beat them at there own game.

Thanks in Advance for you help and advice

Truckert
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    just find and use a recent popla appeal letter for the same place and ppc and adapt it to your case, there will be dozens of examples if you use the search box and suitable search words

then send in to popla before the deadline

all explained in the NEWBIES thread at the top of this forum

never reveal the drivers details unless you are forced to do so due to circumstances (yours , not theirs , dont dance to their tune like a puppet)

so the advice you need is the same advice as already written dozens of times on similar threads about apcoa and luton airport , same place , same ppc , same advice
  • Truckert_2
    edited 23 May 2014 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Thanks Redx,

Now the POPLA Code they sent me is on a sheet with my vehicle details etc.
    Do I just scan that and add the appeal letter and send to POPLA ??
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Truckert wrote: »
    Interestingly its says on the back of the letter that it states :

"PLEASE NOTE AS THE REGISTERED KEEPER OF THIS VEHICLE,YOU ARE LIABLE FOR THIS TICKET,UNLESS DETAILS OF THE DRIVER ARE PROVIDED"

Is this the case as Its on Airport land so they local by laws come into affect which as I have taken it means that the driver is liable and I have no legal obligation to tell them who that was ????

Truckert
    APCOA are, frankly, clowns to be continuing to try this on. They have been told repeatedly, and been advised by the BPA, that they cannot seek to apply POFA on the airport because it is not "relevant land". That means they cannot use POFA for the purposes of keeper liability. The only person they can have an issue with at all (and there will never be one) is with the driver. They could try a "balance of probabilities" approach but seeing as they don't "do" court that's pretty unlikely and, coupled with the rest of their nonsense has all the aerodynamic properties of a concrete glider. Just as well they don't try it as they'd crash it on the runway.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Truckert_2
    Options
    So I mention the fact they have tried to apply POFA as part of my over all appeal ???
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    use the form and post it to popla, OR login online and attach your appeal to the submission, this will get you an email response from london councils who administer popla

check the popla website for the details

yes, use any and all submissions you feel necessary, including non POFA compliance, and complain to the BPA about it too , as the BPA wont deal with it until they get numerous compliancy complaints
  • Truckert_2
    Options
    Thanks Redx,

I will put my appeal together over this weekend with the non-POPLA compliance and post it for your views.

Thanks,
    Truckert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills