Calling Tesco

Options

Comments

• UPDATE ON MY PREVIOUS POSTING

See this posting in the parallel thread - http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1310901185/68#68
  • jonnyfgood
    Options
    Thanks for the link to that post SCV, on the face of it that looks like a result.

I've just seen that my VM bill has been finalised for this month and I am paying for around £15 in operator connected calls. I wonder how long it will take them to make the necessary adjustments to not only this months overpayment but to previous months!

Ironically, I have just received a Customer Satisfaction Survey through from VM with regard to my attempts to resolve this situation. Needless to say it will not be met with many high marks!
  • jonnyfgood wrote: »
    ... I wonder how long it will take them to make the necessary adjustments to not only this months overpayment but to previous months!
    My understanding is that it will not take long.

I will be issuing a media release tomorrow. If anyone wants to cover the story it will be for Virgin Media to choose the words they wish to describe how quickly (and completely) the corrections will be made.

If Ofcom chooses to pick up on this they may wish to verify that the appropriate remedial action is actually being taken. Ofcom could choose to impose a penalty if they wish.
  • essex1990
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    AFAICS, the lesson is that Virgin Media has ripped you off. IMHO, it's bordering on fraud - how did a dialled call suddenly become an operator-connected call? Impossible.

If it's Tesco's fault, how come it's only Virgin Media doing this?

Ofcom won't be interested (they don't deal with 'individuals') so Watchdog's about your ony hope (or voting with your feet of course).

Fraud is what virgin media do best, i phoned them to say i would like to cancel my account as i was switching to sky, they gave me a date all the services would end - but guess what as soon as i hung up the phone the phone no longer worked!

Fair enough i thought left it coz it was only a few weeks til my bt line was scheduled and i had a mobile - one month later i get a bill from virgin for an additional month of telephone - i called them and said that they had cut my service off as soon as i cancelled as evident by the fact no calls had been made - they then told me that they were still sending a signal - really i said... well thats not possible because your box in the wall has been disconnected and this is a bt line - I did eventually get all the money back from them though when i dropped the F word (Fraud)
  • My own belief is that the F-word which describes what VM and most similar large consumer operations do very well had better be referred to in this public forum as "muck-ups".

What had perhaps seemed to be a conspiracy against use of published alternative numbers turns out to have been an unintended error.

Real fraud requires far greater intelligence than is ever deployed in such operations. Its key feature is that it is never detected.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jonnyfgood wrote: »
    I've just seen that my VM bill has been finalised for this month and I am paying for around £15 in [falsely described] operator connected calls. I wonder how long it will take them to make the necessary adjustments to not only this months overpayment but to previous months!
    My forecast is VM will, ahem, muck up your refund.
    Basically because everyone else is even worse, we have stuck with BT. When BT mucks up, I always demand, and usually get, compensation for my annoyance and wasted time, on top of the refund contractually due.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Options
    I bet it won't be long before all companies using NGNs take advantage of secure routing (like they use on PRS numbers), rendering websites like saynoto0870 redundant.
  • jonnyfgood
    Options
    An update on my issues with Virgin over operator connected calls.

A previous poster had given me a link to another thread where the inference was that VM had admitted their error, were seeking to put matters right, with the assurance it wouldn't happen again.

My account is yet to be amended, I have had no response to two complaints, and they have just added to my account today 3 further operator connected calls from 12 September. Goodness knows where these came from, the bill was finalised on 19 September, so these have come out the blue. They are all to 078 numbers, sound like mobiles. We do not phone mobiles or 0845 numbers from the home phone, we have plenty of free minutes on our mobiles for ringing the former.

Now heres the thing, one of them was for a duration of 10 seconds, charged at £3.85. Thats 38.5p per second or £23.10 per minute or £1386 per hour. Are they kidding? What on earth is going on here? Needless to say I have banged off another complaint, knowing that i'll get no response. I just need someone from VM to phone or email me to say what is going on.

This issue hasn't been resolved, it has been compounded!!!
  • jonnyfgood
    Options
    Further update.......

I spoke to Sophie from the CEO's office on Tuesday.

Although very pleasant in her manner, she confirmed that the charges levied through 'operator connected calls' were valid, and not the fault of VM. They will continue to be charged on my bill if I happen to use these 01202 numbers to call Tesco and I am reconnected to 0845/078 numbers.

Nevertheless she refunded me the call charges on this occasion totalling just under £32.00.

I have been warned....!!!
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jonnyfgood wrote: »
    Further update.......

I spoke to Sophie from the CEO's office on Tuesday.

Although very pleasant in her manner, she confirmed that the charges levied through 'operator connected calls' were valid, and not the fault of VM. They will continue to be charged on my bill if I happen to use these 01202 numbers to call Tesco and I am reconnected to 0845/078 numbers.

Nevertheless she refunded me the call charges on this occasion totalling just under £32.00.

I have been warned....!!!

In your situation I would be looking for another supplier and ditching the one you use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport