Elite 11+ - Fleecing a supermarket near you!

Options

Comments

• cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Morning all.
    Had a rare night out last night so missed the politics talk. Probably just as well as I'm a bit clueless on this subject. Hope everyone is well.
    Have a great day xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all...

Flitting in and out today,have a mouintain of ironing to do and also need to fit in a shop
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning my loves!

Nanny let me know what you get in your posh charity shops- I'm so nosey but I love to know what you find :o

Yesterday I got a very cute looking teapot/cup combo in my local shop. It looked a little bit Cath Kidston and had a Robin on it so I've popped it away for my mate's birthday. I'm now having to shunt things over to birthdays because I've got so much for her for Christmas :cool:

Off to the shops myself, will report back later :D
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Coupon_Kathy
    Options
    Morning all - just catching up after a non-glitchy day of spending yesterday. It's so interesting reading about different perceptions about friends and how sometimes friendships fall away x I count myself lucky to have have had some fantastic support from friends (and family) over the years when the "chips have been down". Xxx

A house divided against itself cannot stand - I love this proverb, and thanks to my lovely family for making me realise that we can get through most things together ;)
  • littlebluebird
    Options
    Morning all!
    hope you're all well? Bubbs, your dh sounds like he's recovering really well. (And you!) Must be a relief to have had both ops out of the way now. :)

Interesting thoughts about friends. I guess one of the reasons friendships become one-sided is because of different people's expectations.

Dh and I have a group of people we'd call friends. We all worked together during a really stressful time and it really pulled us together. We all moved on to other jobs but have stayed in touch and attended weddings etc. I love seeing them and it's good fun but I wouldn't rely on them to help me if I had any issues. Does that mean they're not really friends?
    Then I have school friends who I rarely see or have much contact with but we've met up for a girls' weekend every couple of years and it's been like no time has passed in terms of being able to relax and chat. Again, do they really count as friends?
    It's interesting that as an adult it doesn't really bother me. Company is important but I'm less concerned with having it defined as 'friends'.
    That being said, I like having someone I can rely on if I need a chat or some support. That one is a bit harder and I was really let down recently by someone I thought was an equal friend but it turns out she sees me as an 'extra' so basically someone who is a friend if no-one else is available. :(
    Thought I'd get to move past playground feelings!
    does anyone else see their kids go through the friendship issues and just wish they could sort it for them or just me? :X
    LBB
  • Munqui
    Munqui Posts: 3,439 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all :j

Udi's still comparing this morning on CC vs T, no idea of in-store price as OOS for me.

Wanted some puff pastry mince pies but OOS, this is vs T

2 x ASDA Bakery Puff Pastry Mince Pies (4) £2.00 £1.50
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Jelly Po... £0.59 £0.40
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Cookie N... £0.59 £0.40
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Banana C... £0.50 £0.40

Some bits vs M

2 x ASDA Bakery Puff Pastry Mince Pies (4) £2.00 £2.00
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Jelly Po... £0.59 £0.62
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Cookie N... £0.59 £0.40
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Banana C... £0.50 £0.62

Same vs S

2 x ASDA Bakery Puff Pastry Mince Pies (4) £2.00 N/A
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Jelly Po... £0.59 £0.60
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Cookie N... £0.59 N/A
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Banana C... £0.50 £0.60

Finally vs W

2 x ASDA Bakery Puff Pastry Mince Pies (4) £2.00 N/A
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Jelly Po... £0.59 £0.60
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Cookie N... £0.59 N/A
    1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations - Banana C... £0.50 £0.60

HTH
    #CHEEKY :cool:
  • apocryphal
    Options
    Asda barcode question.

I've picked up a womble with 12 different items on it, but the apg site reckons it doesn't have enough different items on it to qualify for comparison. Is there some way of looking up the codes on the receipt to see what's on there? I'm thinking that if it thinks there's less than 10 items on there, at least 2 of them must be invisible and might work as triggers for other things. (Assuming I've understood what triggers are now).

There are no multibuys showing on the receipt btw.
    Oct Challenges: Make £5 a day - £5.18/£155 Grocery Challenge - £0/£200
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    apocryphal wrote: »
    Asda barcode question.

I've picked up a womble with 12 different items on it, but the apg site reckons it doesn't have enough different items on it to qualify for comparison. Is there some way of looking up the codes on the receipt to see what's on there? I'm thinking that if it thinks there's less than 10 items on there, at least 2 of them must be invisible and might work as triggers for other things. (Assuming I've understood what triggers are now).

There are dozens, if not hundreds of items where a comparisom is not applicable. Check out the T&C's or post the items here ?
  • Munqui
    Options
    apocryphal wrote: »
    Asda barcode question.

Anything whoopsied on the receipt? they don't compare afaik.
  • Munqui
    Options
    Also apocryphal a lot of toys don't either - none of the items I checked in the nerf sale in my A came up on msl.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport