italk telecom cold calling problem

Options
anewman
anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I am asking on behalf of my Mum, and no intended disrespect to my Mum but she can be a bit two sandwiches short of a picnic at times. She was called by italk telecom and asked to provide details for direct debit which she gave. I think she was under the impression she was talking to BT and that she was providing card details to BT. They gave her the number 08453734290 calling this the customer services number if she decided to cancel within 14 days, which she has done. These are the only details I can discern as she won't elaborate further.

I have concerns if they decide to forget about the cancellation request. Namely that she has only just signed up to BT so still within the 12 months and if the contract is changed over to another company this will no doubt incurr a charge from BT. Also the company seems to have a fondness for 24 month self-renewing contracts and high call charges.

Also, I am sure it is illegal for them to have called her in the first place as she is on TPS? I wonder if these rogues use TPS as a database to call. I might put in a complaint on her behalf http://complaints.tpsonline.org.uk/Consumer/

Some keywords so hopefully google will pick up and direct anyone else with issues with this company here. 08453734290 0845 3734290 0845 373 4290 italktelecom.co.uk italktelecom

Comments

• utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Their the people that claim you get Free 24/7 Calls and Free Line Rental which is nonsense,as they charge from £18.99 a month for it.

http://www.italktelecom.co.uk/italk3.html
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    They're the people that claim you get Free 24/7 Calls and Free Line Rental which is nonsense,as they charge from £18.99 a month for it.
    Which is £2.46/month more expensive than BT charges for the same thing (£11.54 + £4.99 = £16.53).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport