Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 5th Aug 05, 1:54 PM
    • 13,812 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 5th Aug 05, 1:54 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 1:54 PM

One hundred and twenty three uses for an old ironing board cover

More or less
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
  • Ticklemouse
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:14 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:14 PM
    I think that's called scraping the barrel, Squeaks

Erm - you could sit on it and use it as a sledge - even better when you slide down the sides of hills on the long grasses. I have done this using plastic bags, but metalised ironing board cover would be the height of luxury - ooooh, shouldn't this be on the 'it used to be posh' thread
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 5th Aug 05, 2:36 PM
    • 13,812 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:36 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:36 PM
    Yes - I couldn't find my "tongue in cheek" smiley
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
  • emr
    • 5th Aug 05, 10:46 PM
    recycling that ironing board cover
    • 5th Aug 05, 10:46 PM
    if you know any primary school or nursery school or playgroup staff, offer it to them as material for space costume, for the dressing up box or performances.

you might also try cutting it up into sections and slotting it down behind your radiators, as insulation/reflector.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

2,728Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin