MSE News: TalkTalk named the most complained about broadband and landline provider

TalkTalk is the most complained about broadband and landline provider according to new data from the communications regulator...
Read the full story:
'TalkTalk named the most complained about broadband and landline provider'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Tomorrow is Thursday .
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Only just yesterday I heard thier advert on the radio saying they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.:rotfl:

Personally I would rather go with Virgin than TalkTalk and I dislike Virgin as much as TalkTalk.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Nothing new then.
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    nothing new there.

tried them out even after all the bad press and reviews. only because it was a too good to miss offer. regretted it though ever since.

initial broadband was ok. but then it got slower and slower.
    tried contacting the customer services. which was a waste of time. as its difficult to understand them as their call center is not in this country, all they are doing is reading off the screen and have no actual technical skills.
    the problem was never rectified.

oh and they reneged on the deal that they offered me. never seen the cashback they promised me. so it turned out not to be such a great deal after all.

i have been in dispute with them for the last 18 months over the short fall of the deal. they keep promising me they will sort it out but nothing has ever materialised.

so i now just warn others to steer clear of them. as they are terrible in all aspects.
  • welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Talk Talk. service was OK. But customer service was non-existent . Went through the same script every time, expected me to take time off work to send engineers to do the same checks. I was so glad to be free of them, after being without internet for a month because of them.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi minislim

I'm really sorry if you've experienced issues with us.

If you need any support please contact us on our Facebook or Twitter @TalkTalk pages so we can assist you with this.

Vicky - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    minislim wrote: »
    nothing new there.

tried them out even after all the bad press and reviews. only because it was a too good to miss offer. regretted it though ever since.

initial broadband was ok. but then it got slower and slower.
    tried contacting the customer services. which was a waste of time. as its difficult to understand them as their call center is not in this country, all they are doing is reading off the screen and have no actual technical skills.
    the problem was never rectified.

oh and they reneged on the deal that they offered me. never seen the cashback they promised me. so it turned out not to be such a great deal after all.

i have been in dispute with them for the last 18 months over the short fall of the deal. they keep promising me they will sort it out but nothing has ever materialised.

so i now just warn others to steer clear of them. as they are terrible in all aspects.

Were you on "normal" broadband - ot fibre ?
    As TT appears to be fine - when everything is working - my fibre has been connected for 4 years now and is still at 70Mbps - reliable and not missed a beat for those 4 years
    I will admit that, initially - TT had problems in getting BT to connect me - and the first month was problematical as far as speeds were concerned
    But after a few e-mails - my speed was sorted (free BT call out) - turned out to be my "box" - I received my £75 voucher etc.
    As for cost - try negotiating a discount directly with BT !
    I pay £31 for a 76Mbp connection - with unlimited calls (inc mobiles) - fixed for 18 months - and when that expires, I will repeat it !
    BT want at least £45 (and don't mention unlimited calls.) for a slower connection
    Maybe I have just been lucky - but no complaints from me.
  • "If you need any support please contact us on our Facebook or Twitter @TalkTalk pages so we can assist you with this."

Why do you assume that everybody uses Twitface?
  • minislim
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi minislim

I'm really sorry if you've experienced issues with us.

If you need any support please contact us on our Facebook or Twitter @TalkTalk pages so we can assist you with this.

Vicky - TalkTalk Social Team

Hi Vicky, i have already been down countless routes of contact (telephone calls, letters, emails, facebook and talktalk community help).

nothing has ever been resolved!
    everytime i just get led down a dead end. the usual answer is "sorry we cannot resolve this problem. you need to take it up with Topcashback"

but Topcashback are waiting for Talktalks response.
  • minislim
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Were you on "normal" broadband - ot fibre ?
    As TT appears to be fine - when everything is working - my fibre has been connected for 4 years now and is still at 70Mbps - reliable and not missed a beat for those 4 years
    I will admit that, initially - TT had problems in getting BT to connect me - and the first month was problematical as far as speeds were concerned
    But after a few e-mails - my speed was sorted (free BT call out) - turned out to be my "box" - I received my £75 voucher etc.
    As for cost - try negotiating a discount directly with BT !
    I pay £31 for a 76Mbp connection - with unlimited calls (inc mobiles) - fixed for 18 months - and when that expires, I will repeat it !
    BT want at least £45 (and don't mention unlimited calls.) for a slower connection
    Maybe I have just been lucky - but no complaints from me.

sounds like you're one of the lucky ones.
    it was normal broadband. they had me trying allsorts. rebooting routers, updating firmware on it, new router. removing front panel of BT box on wall. no matter what it didn't do anything. i even told them it could be at the exchange down the road. it seemed to coincide with the openreach engineers working in it for a full day. they dismissed that though.
    struggled with it for the 18 months. then ditched it. went with sky normal broadband and speed have returned to normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure