IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC parking charge appeal - next steps?

Hello,
I used the Forum's "template appeal for BPA or IPC members" after receiving a penalty charge for "driver left site". I've looked on the site, but can't see a standard response to the UKPC letter I have received. I hope you can help!
UKPC say: "In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please provide the full name and address of the driver ...Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the previous information received. At this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided"
Please can you advise how to answer?
Best wishes, ParkingParkRoyalHelp

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Do not answer at all.

Just a trap to get the unwary to reveal who was driving
  • Thank you. If I don't reply, what will the next letter from UKPC be?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thank you. If I don't reply, what will the next letter from UKPC be?

A formal rejection of your initial appeal along with your POPLA Code. Don't expect this until around day 35 after your initial appeal.

This advice is frequently shown in many UKPC threads - please acquaint yourself with them (don't just stay on this thread asking questions) as we can't keep writing the same answers continuously.

Research resulting in knowledge is your greatest weapon here.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2018 at 4:14PM
    UKPC are scammers, read this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-34172701

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors..

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hello,
    I used the Forum's "template appeal for BPA or IPC members" after receiving a penalty charge for "driver left site". I've looked on the site, but can't see a standard response to the UKPC letter I have received. I hope you can help!
    UKPC say: "In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please provide the full name and address of the driver ...Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the previous information received. At this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided"
    Please can you advise how to answer?
    Best wishes, ParkingParkRoyalHelp

As said IGNORE, let them send the POPLA code and then let
    them prove to POPLA that "driver left site"

Bear in mind that UKPC has a history of faking pictures
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,428 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thank you. If I don't reply, what will the next letter from UKPC be?

POPLA code and rejection, and you then win because your first POPLA appeal point will be there is no evidence that the driver/occupants of the car 'left the site' nor evidence of any boundary or explanation of what constitutes 'the site', nor map on the signs showing any boundary that could have created a contract not to leave 'the site'.

There will be no evidence at all tying any person who 'left the site' to that vehicle - let alone evidence that they were actually the driver of that car - therefore POPLA cannot uphold the PCN as properly given.

Then you have a second point that you have not received a Notice to Keeper (assuming you have ONLY had the PCN on the windscreen, and assuming UKPC don't remember to send one in the meantime before day 56). That appeal point about ''no NTK'' is already pre-written as a template in the NEWBIES thread, post #3 of it, as we hope you have noticed.

...then you add all the other 3 or 4 usual long template appeal points for POPLA, you know, the other ones you saw in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread already.

Very easy once you start building the POPLA appeal, no rush, you want them to time out and not send a NTK by day 56, of course.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you, it's very helpful to have this context. I have a better understanding now!
  • Hi

Your helpful response to me said "you want them to time out and not send a NTK".

Unfortunately a Notice to Keeper has now been received."Your vehicle was recorded on our client's private property in breach of the following terms and conditions of parking: vehicle owner/driver left site"

I can't see a standard template response to this (maybe because I'm looking, but not seeing, apologies)

Do you have advise on next steps?
    Best wishes
    ParkingParkRoyalHelp
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    You have appealed. If you got a PoPLA code, then use it.

If you don't get a code by say day 38, then complain to the BPA and wait for the code. Once you have it, use it.

Use all the template appeal points from post 3 of the NEWBIES that are relevant to create your appeal. Post your draft here for checking before you submit it. There are lots of other UKPC "left site" threads you can look at as well, so start searching now.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,428 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You don't reply to the NTK, you await the rejection letter and POPLA code. UKPC do sometimes remember to send a NTK, that just knocks out one point from your POPLA appeal, no big deal.

Your winning POPLA point (of three to include, as advised already, and the other two are templates to copy from the NEWBIES thread post #3) will obviously be the one I said earlier:
    your first POPLA appeal point will be there is no evidence that the driver/occupants of the car 'left the site' nor evidence of any boundary or explanation of what constitutes 'the site', nor map on the signs showing any boundary that could have created a contract not to leave 'the site'.

There will be no evidence at all tying any person who 'left the site' to that vehicle - let alone evidence that they were actually the driver of that car - therefore POPLA cannot uphold the PCN as properly given.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure