IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I E Legal Letter received

Options
Hi,

My daughter received a PCN for going 18 minutes over the 2 hour limit. Signs not great but there you go.

All letters have been unanswered and today she got a £5 standard letter from I E Legal saying pay £120 or they might take her to court, 7 days to pay. I said don't pay, don't contact them and I would ask for advice.

What should we do, ignore is my first thought based on what people say?

Thoughts gratefully received.

Many thanks

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2018 at 6:12PM
    Options
    What's 'a £5 standard letter'?
    Who does it say to pay?
    Who are the private parking company?

Can we see this letter please?
    Host it some where like Tinypic and post a link here. As a new user you won't be able to post a live link, but just changing http to hxxp before posting is enough.

You, or your daughter, now need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to see what game you are now caught up in.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2018 at 6:30PM
    Options
    Francopete wrote: »
    Hi,

My daughter received a PCN for going 18 minutes over the 2 hour limit. Signs not great but there you go.

All letters have been unanswered and today she got a £5 standard letter from I E Legal saying pay £120 or they might take her to court, 7 days to pay. I said don't pay, don't contact them and I would ask for advice.

What should we do, ignore is my first thought based on what people say?

Thoughts gratefully received.

Many thanks

As KeithP says above.
    AND ....
    "might" is the key word ..... "MIGHT" ???

If, and only if they decide to take the court route, the recent
    new procedure means that they must tell you why and prove
    their case. You then have 30 days to respond

The signage is also key for you so pics would be good

Why even consider paying scammers and their
    dodgy legals

You will get all the help here
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ..from I E Legal saying pay £120 or they might take her to court,

As IE Legal can't take anyone to court you'll have to be a bit more detailed. What is the name of the parking company. Usually it is Total Parking Solutions who rarely do court.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It is a scam.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors..

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Francopete
    Options
    Tinypic being downloaded, internet is so slow here but will post when all done.

Have read the newbies section and looks like I do nothing and wait on their next step. Evidence is being gathered in case they want to go further and I will start prepping just in case.

Thanks all.
  • Francopete
    Options
    hxxp://i65.tinypic.com/nzovub.jpg

It is from TPS.
  • Francopete
    Options
    Thanks Castle.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So 'overleaf' who does it say to pay?
  • Francopete
    Options
    Pay I E Legal Solicitors, account at Nat west, prescot branch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure