IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 and Debt Recovery plus fines

2»

Comments

• Ok, been reading up on it all week over here but the circumstances are always different so trying to apply it to my issue is hard but thank you all for clearing it up :)
    1886 Posts: 499 Forumite
    I overstayed at Central Six two years ago by eleven minutes and got an invoice from G24 for £70.

I sent them a template I found on this site and they cancelled it. I'm now here again as a lad at work has just overstayed too. I said I would try and help him out..
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Same as above then, one challenge then ignore them. But you can get it cancelled by the retailer Store Manager.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi, my wife overstayed at Central 6 in Coventry in June 2017 and has ignored all the letters. She now has a letter from Gladstones telling her to contact DRP to pay £130 within 14 days, and they go to threaten her with a County Court Judgement.

I've been reading the forum for 2 hours now, I'm sorry I'm still unsure what the Gladstones letter actually implies and what action we should take. My wife is prepared to pay the £130 to avoid court. Is it too late to write to Central 6, she was only 18 mins over the allowed 3 hours and spent over £100 at TK Max and Outfit on a card, so we have the dated card statement.

It all seems unfair to me, although I've read enough to know she should have taken action earlier.

Any advice gratefully received please. Thank you.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bigbadbaz123, posting on this dormant thread will not get you the help you are looking for.

Have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, where in the fourth post you will find comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collector's letters.

If you still have questions, then please start your own thread.

Please, no further response on this thread. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure