IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye ticket, dated beginning of month, only just arrived.

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but I can’t see anything that similar to this.

, I recieved a letter from parking eye on 20/12/17 dated 08/12/17 for an alleged event on 03/012/17.

Basically, in the early hours of the morning, the driver pulled over into a deserted church car park to receive a phone call. At no point did they leave the vehicle and they left 30 minutes later.

The letter has come to me as registered keeper.

I don’t know why it was so late. Our post has been quite sporadic of late. Things taking a few extra days to arrive.

It just has “delivered by Royal Mail” on the envelope. No postcode or free post info.

It’s not a “golden ticket,” I don’t think. It does appear to be late though?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 December 2017 at 7:39PM
    If it arrived with you on 20 December, referring to an event on 03 December, then it has been delivered after the fourteen days allowed to hold the keeper liable.
    Keep the envelope.

Why do you think it isn't a golden ticket?

Unfortunately Schedule 4 of PoFA says:
    (6) A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.
    The problem you will have is "proving the contrary".

Anyway, as you will have read in the first few lines of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread:
    START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD IF YOU FEEL YOU STILL NEED TO ASK FOR ADVICE, BUT PLEASE NOT:

''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case...my case is different''.

NO IT ISN'T. AND YOU DO NOT NEED SPECIFICS - FORGET THE DETAIL, THESE CASES ARE ALL THE SAME.
    Send of the appropriate appeal from the first post on the NEWBIES thread.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    plenty of threads about late NTK`s on here over the last 3 months

like this one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73242562

I even adapted the template for that person
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not tricky to prove. Signed witness statement. They’re then stuffed as they’d have to accuse the op of perjury.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    As above, the motorist has to prove nothing.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • CM7NL
    CM7NL Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi guys, I have just recieved a letter dated 29th of January, (apologising for the slight delay) telling me that my appeal has been rejected and that I have 28 days to appeal to POPLA.

That 28 days would have expired about ten days ago!!

I!!!8217;m unsure what to do next?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 March 2018 at 1:26PM
    There is nothing you can do now except wait to see if parking lie start court.

Why didn't you do a PoPLA appeal? You could try a late appeal but I doubt if the code will work now. They normally only work for about 32 days.

You could ask parking lie for a new PoPLA code saying that the ADR Act 2015 states that alternative dispute resolution must be allowed for not less than one year.

The only other thing you can do is complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

By the way, your comments in your first post about the driver being in the car park for 30 minutes and not getting out of the car is called parking.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • CM7NL
    I didn’t submit a POPLA appeal because I have only just recieved the code today. Ten days after it ran out......
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Email them stating you only have just received their letter, that clearly the code has expired, and you require a new code.
    As this does not cost them anything, it would be unreaosnable of them to refuse this request.
  • CM7NL
    Thankyou, I’ll do that and see what they say.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Also complain to the BPA that the code has arrived too late for you to use.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business