La Redoute/ Redcats PPI - any experiences?

I received a letter from La Redoute at the end of Nov confirming that they’d pay my PPI claim and the amount. I called them and they said the cheque would be with me within 8 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has succeeded with a similar claim - are they reliable at paying out/ do I need to chase them for the money etc?

Comments

• Hello. I've been chasing them for weeks and it's clear now that the 8 weeks was actually 2 calendar months so they never intended to pay out before 29/1/18. Now I'm getting different stories, cheques were going out Monday and Wednesday 29/1 and 31/1 allow 7-10 days for 2nd class post...right. Nothing received and I'm now told cheques go out Friday. My request for a callback this morning has been met with a response of 'they'll call you later in the week, they have loads of queries to get through'. I'm going to the fca to raise this. They owe me PPI they previously refused to pay and commission as instructed by the fca. Jenny Farrah heads up the payment team. Make a fuss if I were you
  • I've been chasing them too. I was promised I'd have it by the end of last week - nothing. Then on Monday I received a letter from them saying they were waiting for me to confirm my details to them by phone, which is nonsense - I have it in writing from them that I'd done so on 1 Dec. I complained, and was told that was an error and my cheque was on its way this week. Still nothing. I'm now going all out with Resolver, FCA etc and direct to Jenni Farrow. It's either gross incompetence or them deliberately delaying paying out, but either way they are withholding money that belongs to me.
  • Update - cheque arrived this morning. Looks like the daily hassling finally paid off.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MrJDW wrote: »
    Update - cheque arrived this morning. Looks like the daily hassling finally paid off.

So they did not deliberatly delay payment nor was there any gross incompetence:rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • MrJDW
    MrJDW Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 19 February 2018 at 12:01PM
    It took them nearly 3 months to recompense me once they'd confirmed they owed - I'd say that was one or the other.
  • MrJDW wrote: »
    It took them nearly 3 months
    The end of November to the middle of February is not three months. Did you really ring them every day? :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure