IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN on private land, what are my options?

Hi there,

I live in an apartment complex where NSGL are employed to manage the parking. I'm allowed two parking spaces by the actual management company of the complex. However, NSGL require a parking permit to be clearly displayed in the car. I've been unable to access said permit (not due to the management of the park) and consequently I have been "fined" £80. I received the PCN on the 8th of January 2018 and I've just recently received a Notice to Keeper letter from NSGL dated the 9th of February 2018. I would of course prefer not to pay the fine and just appeal. I have tried my best to go through the Newbies thread, and though very helpful, it is rather confusing and I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I appreciate all and any help, thanks very much!

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Post 1 in the Newbies thread has a template in blue. Cut and paste it and send it to them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    it is rather confusing

What, a thread with Q&A and one template appeal to copy? In what way is that confusing?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    so ... after sending the template as advised above ......

have you complained to the management company ?

Ralph:cool:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    What does your lease/AST say about parking/parking permits/paying a third party for not displaying a permit?
    This will override anything the parking scammers say.
    If there is nothing in your lease/AST about permits, why are you displaying one?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Dinar
    Dinar Posts: 14 Forumite
    What, a thread with Q&A and one template appeal to copy? In what way is that confusing?

Agreed, "confusing" was the wrong word to use, there is a large amount of very good and useful information in that post and I just don't want to make any missteps or mistakes that would end up holding me liable to pay for the supposed fine. But I do thank you for that post as it is really fantastic, I can be a bit over-cautious with these sorts of things and as such I wanted to ensure my next move would be the correct one.
  • Ralph-y
    edited 13 February 2018 at 9:10PM
    you are not the first ... and will not be the last to be a bit overwhelmed at it all ....

so just read the section that are reliant in detail and skim read the rest

the court section can wait .... if needed .. so on ....

so are you happy to send the template ... and complain :) ?

have a watch of this clip where MP's debate this industry

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

• Dinar
    Hi Ralph!

I sent the template earlier and I'll hopefully complain to the site manager soon. Does the complaint to the site manager have to be formally written or can it just be verbal? Cheers!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A verbal agreement won't be worth the paper it's written on.
  • Dinar
    waamo wrote: »
    A verbal agreement won't be worth the paper it's written on.

That was my thinking, what details should a complaint entail?
  • Ralph-y
    " I've been unable to access said permit (not due to the management of the park) and consequently I have been "fined""

would be a good start ;)

"What does your lease/AST say about parking/parking permits/paying a third party for not displaying a permit?
    This will override anything the parking scammers say.
    If there is nothing in your lease/AST about permits, why are you displaying one?"

would be another ;) ... but we need to know what the afore mentioned lease says ...

we really want to help ...

have you viewed the MP;s take on this 'cowboy industry' (Hansard)

have a look here

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

tell management how our MP's feel ....

and anything else you can think of ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills