Flexdirect..2nd bite of the cherry after 5 months

Options
My Flex direct stopped paying 5% in September..I kept it for the Regular saver that matured in December and renewed the regular saver ( albeit at the reduced £250/month )

I've now set to switch to Halifax for the £125. I was wandering if I could preserve the regular saver by applying for the FlexAccount but when I clicked through it "allowed me"to apply successfully for a new Flexdirect...I wander if this will be picked up or do they allow a second new flexdirect account to open after a few months ?...anyone had any experience with this ?
Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:

Comments

• youngretired
    Options
    You are allowed more than 1 FlexDirect account at any time, but the rate will only be 1%. They have closed the loop hole of being able to have the 5% again. You might be given 5% for a few months and then it will be reduced or since the new T&C's in January they may just do the 1% straight away.
  • buyhighselllow
    Options
    You are allowed more than 1 FlexDirect account at any time, but the rate will only be 1%. They have closed the loop hole of being able to have the 5% again. You might be given 5% for a few months and then it will be reduced or since the new T&C's in January they may just do the 1% straight away.

Cheers , worth doing then anyway to preserve the Regular saver
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was wandering if I could preserve the regular saver by applying for the FlexAccount but when I clicked through it "allowed me"to apply successfully for a new Flexdirect...
    You're lucky you applied for the wrong account, because a new FlexAccount on it's own wouldn't have "preserved" the regular saver would it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure