PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

EA doesn't like us speaking directly with Vendors

Options

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Proof of funds shown
    Mortgage not only AIP but full application going ahead
    Solicitor appointed
    No property to sell

I don't think I can provide anything else. I am going to insist on property being off market next week. While we would absolutely want this property, at this moment in time it is still a business transaction for me.

Yes but you should have made it as part of the offer.

"I will offer £x. Upon proving I am in a proceedable position by show of AIP and deposit the property will removed, or show as STC on Rightmove, Zoopla and EA website, should my offer be accepted."
  • The_Palmist
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Yes but you should have made it as part of the offer.

"I will offer £x. Upon proving I am in a proceedable position by show of AIP and deposit the property will removed, or show as STC on Rightmove, Zoopla and EA website, should my offer be accepted."

Good point, I am going to use the exact same words on Monday.
    Nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. - Alex Supertramp
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 February 2018 at 11:40PM
    Options
    Proof of funds shown

The funds aren't in the UK yet though. AML checks will need to be performed as the money is coming from overseas. How much is the gifted deposit?
  • Asl77c
    Asl77c Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    The funds aren't in the UK yet though. AML checks will need to be performed as the money is coming from overseas. How much is the gifted deposit?

I would agree with this. All you have done is show funds in a bank account of someone else, albeit your family member. Proof of funds will be funds in a bank account of your name. All well and good saying you have got a solicitor you would like to use but they cannot be instructed until a memorandum of sale is produced so that is immaterial that you have gone and got that sorted. Once you can show YOU have the funds in your account then they would likely take it off the market, until then it isn't abnormal to keep viewings going on. You could ask for a 2 week grace period to stop marketing of the property to allow you to get the funds transferred but being that they havent done it for you already seems they are happy to see if anyone else comes along regardless of their nicey nice emails back and forth. It isn't upto the EA to take it off the market its upto them as a vendor so no matter how nice they are to you they clearly want to keep marketing the property.
  • The_Palmist
    Options
    Fairenough but AML checks are for solicitor to do though not EA.

And it was EA who said proof of funds in offshore account will be fine along with gifted deposit letter.

Good to know it is not normal and maybe I can hold my hours till the monies are in UK which is a matter of days.
    Nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. - Alex Supertramp
  • PhilE
    PhilE Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the world of dealing with EA's.

Show proof of funds, and tell them that if the property isn't shown as 'under offer,' by the end of the day you will be withdrawing your offer.

Once conveyancing starts, it should be listed as 'sold, subject to contract.' Again, tell them they have till the end of the day to make this happen, or your offer is withdrawn.

Have a read of this,
    https://www.gov.uk/buy-sell-your-home/estate-agents

If the EA try any funny stuff, remind them of their obligations. Don't let them push you around about anything. They act like the law, they are not.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 2:12PM
    Options
    Fairenough but AML checks are for solicitor to do though not EA.
    I am afraid that is no longer the case.

EAs are now required perform AML checks on buyers, in addition to the solicitor.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/money-laundering-regulations-2017/money-laundering-regulations-2017#estate-agent-businesses
  • Surrey_EA
    Options
    PhilE wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of dealing with EA's.

Show proof of funds, and tell them that if the property isn't shown as 'under offer,' by the end of the day you will be withdrawing your offer.

Once conveyancing starts, it should be listed as 'sold, subject to contract.' Again, tell them they have till the end of the day to make this happen, or your offer is withdrawn.

Have a read of this,
    https://www.gov.uk/buy-sell-your-home/estate-agents

If the EA try any funny stuff, remind them of their obligations. Don't let them push you around about anything. They act like the law, they are not.
    EAs are employed by the seller, from whom they take their instructions.
  • PokerPlayer111
    Options
    Surrey_EA wrote: »
    EAs are employed by the seller, from whom they take their instructions.

Reread what he wrote ya flaming anarchist. EA have obligations based on gov law, thats what you signed up for like it or not.

I have obligations in my business to take returns on items like it or not for me.
  • Surrey_EA
    Options
    EA have obligations based on gov law, thats what you signed up for like it or not.
    Could you point me to the piece of legislation that says a property must be marked as sstc, after offer acceptance, by law?
    flaming anarchist
    :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family