Accident- fault in dispute

Options

Comments

• yellow218
    Options
    ratrace wrote: »
    As a keen off road rider i highly recommend that your OH invests in a dash/helmet camera that can be mounted on his helmet such as a go pro etc....

Its pretty much normal to have one now, as there are so many bad/impatient drivers out there some insurance companys even offer a discount i you have one

People are just in an unnecessary rush to get to the next traffic light, I see this all the time and it is totally unnecessary

I dont know who was in the right or wrong in your case but what I would say is that once the accident occurred she had to wait at the scene anyway for a while so what was the point in trying to save a few mins queue jumping

there is a chap on YouTube I follow who has some great videos about bike and he also has a great camera setup, show your hubby his channel he will really like it if he is into bikes its

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissendenFlyer/videos

hope this helps

Funnily enough, he ordered one the night of the accident. He’s confident that had he had a camera on, there would be no dispute.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Options
    totally different situation to the one described by the OP, the one you mentioned was not filtering through stationary or slow moving traffic, instead impatiently sped passed a lorry trying to turn

Where in your case the motorcyclist was patiently overtaking at 45 mph.
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    yellow218 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, he ordered one the night of the accident. He’s confident that had he had a camera on, there would be no dispute.

Always the case, i have been telling friends and family for a while to get a camera as they always ask about mine when they get in my car but no one has bought one yet, but a few months a go one of them was involved in a bump and went to halfords to go buy one that very same day

show that channal to your hubby he will really enjoy them vids
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
  • yellow218
    Options
    Not sure either of those examples correlate to what happened to hubby. He was going 5-10 mph past a queue of stationary traffic.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure either of those examples correlate to what happened to hubby. He was going 5-10 mph past a queue of stationary traffic.

There are plenty of more recent cases.

Bear in mind that a court of law does not rule solely on what the Highway Code states, it takes into account the specifics of the case in front of them along with the Highway Code and importantly refers to past relevant case law examples.

There is no way to force the driver to report the case to her Insurers, however your legal representatives should already beaware that they are legally allowed to take action against the vehicles Insurers themselves.
  • RichardD1970
    Options

Probably not, but certain posters on here like to try and pick holes in peoples accounts of events and argue for the sake of it.

To what end I don't know, maybe it gives them an ego boost, or their lives are so empty it's the only way to get a reaction from people.

Who knows, but either way it usually ends in a willy waving contest that overtakes the original point of the thread. :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ratrace wrote: »
    People are just in an unnecessary rush to get to the next traffic light, I see this all the time and it is totally unnecessary
    I've seen some truly horrendous helmet cam ones of bikers filtering on Youtube. Quite how you think you can filter safely when you're having to turn your handlebars to get past car mirrors is beyond me. And quite clearly one I used to watch a lot has never ever driven a bus or a lorry or he would never ever have done half the stuff he does in London.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    I've seen some truly horrendous helmet cam ones of bikers filtering on Youtube. Quite how you think you can filter safely when you're having to turn your handlebars to get past car mirrors is beyond me.
    Search on Youtube for City Madness - a guy on an R1 in Athens. Makes your hair curl.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Could this have been avoided if he simply waited in line in the queue or is there something else I'm not getting?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • yellow218
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Could this have been avoided if he simply waited in line in the queue or is there something else I'm not getting?

Simple answer. Yes. But motorcyclists are well within their right to filter past stationary traffic. Perfectly legal.

It could also had been avoided if the car driver had also chosen to wait in line. Where she was when she pulled out was not with the high way code. Or even just checking her mirrors and blind spot would have avoided it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure