IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NOT repeating everything you don't want me to, but...what if...

...I've been dumb enough (well, angry enough, actually - I was insensed) and got in touch to appeal directly with the parking company, who rejected the appeal and then we've now gone down the route of DRP (blah, blah, etc. not going into that here)? Same advice? Ignore everything that gets sent?

I'm in Scotland and have read the newbies page and the rules per Scotland (i.e. keep everything), but they all seem to centre around not having told them who was driving (I'm not the registered keeper), but as I say, they know who was driving now.

(slaps himself repeatedly in the face).

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    but they all seem to centre around not having told them who was driving (I'm not the registered keeper), but as I say, they know who was driving now.
    Do they know the driver’s address? Was that formally provided to them?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Parking company was Smart Parking Ltd. The claim is true; they even have ANPR camera photos. The story is, my wife is the registered keeper - they wrote to her with the fine, she bollocked me, I wrote to them to appeal, they rejected it, I got involved with privateparkingappeals (who are a nightmare), but they've done nothing so far. (keeps slapping himself in the face whilst others slap him too). Yes, they know the driver's address.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Name AND address, or just address?
  • Sorry, you need that wee bit more detail. The original fine came to our home address, addressed to the reg'd keeper (my wife), follow the rest of the trail above, but after the appeal was rejected, they re-sent the fine to ME (the driver) at our address. They'd have got the address via the reg number no doubt.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    OK, I asked for one simple answer...

Was the drivers name AND address given? Simple yes or no

Its just smart. They cancel or run away from defended court claims. Theyre REALLY easy to deal with.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Most of these scammers are reluctant to fight well defended cases. You can ask them for photographs of their signs, maps of their signs, details of planning permissions for their signs, details of advertising permissions for their signs, copies of their contract with the landowner, etc. They have a lot if hurdles to jump. Smart usually throw in the towel.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Guys, thanks for your help.

:T
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    🍿time..........
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    bergkamp wrote: »
    🍿time..........

https://youtu.be/-tjHlFPTwVk
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Hi, do you guys know this lot:
    privateparkingappeals.co.uk

They've gone "quiet" on me - this was the lot who took on the appeal (as per my 2nd post above). I'm wondering if they're legit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure