IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IPC Appeal Dilemma

Options
124»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hopefully this is in fact the end of the dispute.
    I hope so too.

However .......... a predator is always unpredictable and it makes its greatest kills when the prey has its guard down.
    Unfortunately, there is no concrete evidence of the outcome of the matter as of yet. No news is good news, so they say.
    From experience, I would work on the basis of no news is ......., well, ..... no news.

Have you had any overt hint from the PPC that ‘it’s over’?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • TwoPence
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    However .......... a predator is always unpredictable and it makes its greatest kills when the prey has its guard down.
    I would agree, I intend to continue to monitor my emails and post in the event that they do decide to continue the dispute. It has been almost 10 months since the PPC was issued, although they do have 6 years to start legal proceedings.
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Have you had any overt hint from the PPC that ‘it’s over’?
    Sadly nothing concrete. It was an assumption on the basis that there was no response to my last email, of which I also forwarded to the recipient again shortly after so to reduce the likelihood of the email not being received.

The primary reason for the update was to avoid the thread appearing to have been abandoned. When reading other threads, I always found it useful knowing the outcome of the appeals process. Only time will tell, although I have every intention of updating the thread should the PPC decide to uphold their charge.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for coming back to update and I hope this is the last you hear of it.

If you have not done so already, perhaps you might consider, while your anger is still simmering, writing to your MP to tell them about this intimidation.

This is a copy of a post by Bargepole:
    "Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

and

- please read and join our 'Call for Action' if you haven't already - simply submit evidence of private parking rip-offs to Which? Magazine, as they asking again for consumer problems for them to tackle as a subject, in 2018:

https://whichcouk.bsd.net/page/s/which-taking-on-2018

Which? and the Consumers' Association are pretty good at hitting the government with consumer problems, and the Consumers' Association in fact supported Barry Beavis in his case v ParkingEye (sadly lost - seemed like money talks, to some of us). I believe they (the Consumers' Association) are able to make 'super complaints' on behalf of lots of consumers. So, please add to the weight of this call.

No harm in them hearing from you, only takes a few minutes and can be the same thing you send your MP.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure