Twisted seatbelt

Options
Hi,
I recently bought a used car and I've noticed the passenger seattbelt is twisted. At first I thought it was the buckle but when I fully extend the belt it is twisted over between the wall fitting and the fitting on the floor.

Is this something simple I can fix myself or will this cause MOT failure and need professional correction?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jambo777 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I recently bought a used car and I've noticed the passenger seattbelt is twisted. At first I thought it was the buckle but when I fully extend the belt it is twisted over between the wall fitting and the fitting on the floor.

Is this something simple I can fix myself or will this cause MOT failure and need professional correction?

Thanks in advance.
    Usually the trick is to fold it over and pass it through the slot that is now stopping it from flipping back over. At some point it has got folded and managed to get through the slot in that state. Just make sure you can work out which way to untwist it. Might be tricky depending on the slot design.
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a car once with this I think it was a mk2 punto, turned put they used the same belts for both sides requiring a twist for the belt to fit the passenger side, could be that.

The belt will either fasten to a single bolt down the side of the sill or loop over a rail at the floor. In either case you should be able to undo one fixing turn the belt around and reinstall the belt before replacing the fastening. The bolt is likely to be quite long.
  • jbainbridge
    jbainbridge Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Search for it on YouTube.

You fold the belt diagonally then slide the clip over the fold. Easy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure