Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bengutt
    • By bengutt 4th Dec 17, 1:15 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 12Thanks
    bengutt
    Has Tesco Bank been hacked?
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:15 PM
    Has Tesco Bank been hacked? 4th Dec 17 at 1:15 PM
    Hi,

I've just had a text message from Tesco about my credit card being cancelled due to a security problem.

It looks legit, as on their website (https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/News/A-message-to-our-Credit-Card-customers/td-p/15575) is the same message.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I can't find anything in the news. leaving customers without their cards for 9-11 days is a very odd thing to do to customers.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    • 14,380 Posts
    • 15,168 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    All card issuers suffer some kind of a breach, or suspected breach, from time to time.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they have been 'hacked', though it's possible the breach was theirs.
    • pinkzebra
    • By pinkzebra 6th Dec 17, 12:33 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    pinkzebra
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:33 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:33 PM
    Hello,
    I have just received one of these text messages as well. My card has been cancelled Normally when there is suspected fraudulent activity, they phone me and check my transactions. They did not do this today. I phoned them and they said that a "large number" of their customers have been affected, and there is nothing they can do. New card is coming in 9 working days. I am going abroad next week. I am so mad about this.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 6th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    That' fine - go abroad and keep your card active.
    And come home to a large unsolicited bill....
    • pinkzebra
    • By pinkzebra 7th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    pinkzebra
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    That' fine - go abroad and keep your card active.
    And come home to a large unsolicited bill....
    Originally posted by Gary_Dexter
    Im not angry that they have cancelled my card, I am angry because the lady on the phone said it would take 9 working days to get another one. I just think this is an unacceptable amount of time for people to wait - especially around Christmas.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    Im not angry that they have cancelled my card, I am angry because the lady on the phone said it would take 9 working days to get another one. I just think this is an unacceptable amount of time for people to wait - especially around Christmas.
    Originally posted by pinkzebra
    And if they promised you 3 working days, then it didn't arrive what then?

You'd be complaining.

So...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,340Posts Today

7,322Users online

Martin's Twitter