worth the effort over a gift card........?

Options
Long story short - A member of staff in a large well known retailer did something wildly inappropriate in store. A manager witnessed and intervened, apologised and advised he would involve head office.

Head office duly called me, apologised again - advised of an outcome I was happy with then offered a gift card. Wasn't expecting this but was rather pleased as it was £50 and with Christmas coming it would be great.

Except they haven't sent it. I have a email confirming the offer but department who sent the offer has been outsourced now everytime i call i get fobbed off, run around in circles or promised that someone who knows will get back to me.

i am in two minds:

i wasn't expect it so let it go.

Full tactical - letter to HO with letter before action

what do you all think?
Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could you facebook/tweet them and do the sandwich approach......thanks for the incredibly generous offer of the gift card/it hasn't arrived/I can't wait to spend it on your lovely items.....
  • Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ohhh what a good idea - i'm not a social network user on the whole but this would be a great middle ground.

Thank you! this would have never occurred to me :)
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tygermoth wrote: »
    Full tactical - letter to HO with letter before action

what do you all think?
    LBA for what exactly, a goodwill gesture of a gift card, not sure that's going to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure