Barclays security measures

Was impressed this morning, I was with my partner at a Cambridgeshire marina buying a yacht for £47,000 when barclays text me to say did I make this transaction, text back with Y or N.

Was very impressed with their security measures, i said to my partner “Rita, look at this isn’t this good”.

But tonight will be our first night aboard our new ocean going vessel. If I’m lucky it may even rock for a good 2 minutes.

Comments

• Are you sailing with your celebrity girlfriend? :rotfl::rotfl:
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,162 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Fancy that, going out with Rita Tanner from Corrie :beer:
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    jimmycam wrote: »
    Was impressed this morning, I was with my partner at a Cambridgeshire marina buying a yacht for £47,000 when barclays text me to say did I make this transaction, text back with Y or N.

Was very impressed with their security measures, i said to my partner “Rita, look at this isn’t this good”.

But tonight will be our first night aboard our new ocean going vessel. If I’m lucky it may even rock for a good 2 minutes.
    If you're going to an ocean in a vessel costing only £47K, you'll be lucky if it floats for a good 2 minutes.... :)
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Called off the Los Angeles trip did you? Are there actually any Marinas in Cambridgeshire, as it isn't noted for seafaring...
  • Really? Are you sure....
    jimmycam wrote: »
    Hello

I'm new here and after some advice.

I am rebuilding my credit rating now I am back in full time employment. I have total debts of approx £3k with various credit cards, catalogues, and overdrafts. They will all be paid off before Christmas with all the payment arrangements I have in place.

My clearscore 2 months ago was 0/700, then last month it went to 7/700, and this month its 30/700.

I use my Barclays Current Account for all my direct debits to go out of... but I have an old Lloyds account which I don't use. I'm wondering if to keep this on and use it for wages and just transfer enough to cover my direct debits into Barclays each month... or should I close my lloyds account I rarely use and have all my money go into Barclays.

From a standpoint of wanting to improve my credit rating, will it look better or worse on my credit file to have 2 current accounts?

(Btw I have had quite a lot of unauthorised overdrafts on my lloyds acct while I was out of work so wondered if it would be best to shut that account down so it appears as a closed acct on my file).
  • jimmycam wrote: »
    It's all down to the fact I've just entered a relationship with a famous musician, who sang the soundtrack to a previous 50 shades film

No one called Rita has sang on any of the 50 Soundtracks...
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Called off the Los Angeles trip did you? Are there actually any Marinas in Cambridgeshire, as it isn't noted for seafaring...

It is a county of waterways, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a marina of some type. But restrictions on beam, draft and height mean the OP is probably thinking more 'dinghy' than oligarch's status symbol.

Hopefully 'Rita' is comfortable in small spaces and enjoys wearing immersion suits. Doesn't sound much like a rock-star lifestyle to me. :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    For their yacht-buying customers, Barclays don't sent security texts unless the purchase is over £250k.
  • jimmycam wrote: »

It's all a matter of timing though, isn't it. You wouldn't be so pleased if the text from Barclays arrived during the two minutes that the boat is rocking!
  • jimmycam
    jimmycam Posts: 21 Forumite
    You spoil sports, and my partner Rita didn’t just sing for the film she also appeared in the film.

No Los Angeles was great thanks, we only nipped out for a quick business meeting regarding an upcoming ITV2 show about our lives.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure