IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP! Gladstones solicitors and Horizon parking.

Hi, any help would be much appreciated,

I have been having a long battle with Horizon parking and Gladstones solicitors regarding many window tickets they issued to me back in October 2016 through to around June 2017.

I was quickly followed up by letters from Horizon asking for payment and each letter had 3 follow up letters which increased the payment each time. They then sent these off to debt recovery plus, who sent me loads of letters as well demanding money.

On my part, the company i work for where i parked, advised me to ignore the tickets as they never follow them up so when i tried to appeal it had gone past the window where i was able to appeal.

They have now got Gladstones solicitors that have sent me intended court action, and now I have been ordered to a small claims court on February 2018.

I am not sure if i am in a position to defend this, or if there are any loop holes in which I can use to win this case.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a thread until after reading the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum.

#2 there covers court claims right from what to do once issued to preparing your defence

Read up now as you have limited time to get your AOS in - the FAQ shows you what to do

(Edit your post to remove details of who was driving)
  • Hi,

I cannot seem to find the section which will provide me with the relevant information on the stage I am currently at?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you thought about seeking help from the company you work for?

You know, the people who advised you to ignore these invoices?
  • alex2018
    alex2018 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 5 December 2017 at 2:33PM
    I have tried and they have been no help whatsoever, they are under no legal obligation to help.
  • KeithP
    alex2018 wrote: »
    Hi,

I cannot seem to find the section which will provide me with the relevant information on the stage I am currently at?
    You are looking for post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

A thread entitled:
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!
  • KeithP
    As advised earlier, you need to stop giving away clues to the driver's identity.

It was the DRIVER that parked the car.
    It is the KEEPER that is being pursued now.

For you own good, please edit post #5, as well as post #1, accordingly.
  • I am not sure if i am in a position to defend this
    Neither are we - you have posted no details about the alleged offence/parking terms
    or if there are any loop holes in which I can use to win this case
    theres no magic bullet. Read lots on this forum and then ask the questions you need (i.e. targeted questions to your case circumstances). There are simply too many generic pleas for help to assist everyone.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    alex2018 wrote: »
    I have tried and they have been no help whatsoever, they are under no legal obligation to help.
    If its their site, and they advised you to ignore, then they are liable for the charges if you do lose. You were entitled to act upon the verbal or written informaiton they gave you.
  • So what is the best action for me to take to get the charges covered by them. What information do I need to gather to make this a strong point in court. I tried under various circumstances to get written evidence they told me to park there. At the moment I only have verbal.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You keep asking for advice yet ignoring the sound advice you have been given in #2

Until your court case is concluded then concentrate on that.

If you do end up losing then start your own action against your employer.

At the moment it's you facing the court not them!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure