Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Buckinghamshire Building Society have a new members' and local residents' preferential Regular Saver, paying 2% pa (variable), can pay in up to £500 per month and unlimited in time (up to maximum £85,000 in the account). Two withdrawals per calendar year allowed, third withdrawal only by closing the account. No penalty for missed monthly deposits. Account can be held along with an existing Simple Regular Saver. Limited to existing members (anyone with a savings account with the Society, no time qualification, could be an existing Simple Regular Saver) and local residents. I'm going to open one, using my existing Simple RS Issue 2 (paying 1.75%) as qualifier and will then keep that open but only paying in the monthly minimum of £10.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Buckinghamshire Building Society have a new members' and local residents' preferential Regular Saver, paying 2% pa (variable), can pay in up to £500 per month and unlimited in time (up to maximum £85,000 in the account). Two withdrawals per calendar year allowed, third withdrawal only by closing the account. No penalty for missed monthly deposits. Account can be held along with an existing Simple Regular Saver. Limited to existing members (anyone with a savings account with the Society, no time qualification, could be an existing Simple Regular Saver) and local residents. I'm going to open one, using my existing Simple RS Issue 2 (paying 1.75%) as qualifier and will then keep that open but only paying in the monthly minimum of £10.
    Local is defined by anyone in the following postcode areas: HP, SL, UB, WD. This is actually quite a large area, compared to their single branch network.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bit harsh on people of MK !!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Nationwide BS Regular Saver account withdrawn and removed from post 4
    - Bucks BS Regular Saver account added to post 2 (paying 2% variable on up to £500 per month with 2 penalty-free withdrawals per year for existing members and local residents with no maturity date)
    - Leeds BS Regular Saver Issue 7 replaced with Issue 8 in post 7 (same details as issue 7 but new maturity date of 30th September 2018 for issue 8)
    - Chorley BS Festive Fund and Members Festive Fund paying 2.25% and 2.5% on up to £500 per month until 31st October 2018

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    It has been, it comes up under the find current and old interest rate and says that the account no longer accepts new applications. It was still £0-£500 a month, so whether they'll launch another limited to £250 in the future we will see.

Here's a link to the section I found the information on: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/rates-fees-charges/view-savings-rates

I tweeted them and they have withdrawn the regular saver and the only one they have now is
    Flexclusive Regular Saver 2

(main account holders only from a switched account or £750 per month deposit from an external account for 3 months, maxium of £250 per month for 12 months 5% gross - total £81.25 interest estimate after 12 months)

I managed to have a separate flexclusive reg saver 2 going for 4 months before they inevitably shut it down.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • lucky77
    lucky77 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Guess it was too good to last much longer. Just had letter advising that my regular saver will be transferred to Single Access Saver Unique Edition on 14 December. It pays 1.5% variable and no bonus. You can save between £10 and £500 per month up to £22000. From 14 October to 13 December you don't need to make further deposits into your existing regular saver to qualify for bonus. Ah well I've enjoyed the good interest rate with bonus for over 10 years.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 October 2017 at 2:45PM
    Options
    lucky77 wrote: »
    Guess it was too good to last much longer. Just had letter advising that my regular saver will be transferred to Single Access Saver Unique Edition on 14 December. It pays 1.5% variable and no bonus. You can save between £10 and £500 per month up to £22000. From 14 October to 13 December you don't need to make further deposits into your existing regular saver to qualify for bonus. Ah well I've enjoyed the good interest rate with bonus for over 10 years.

Discussed here..

You can close your account from 14th October and keep your bonus from 14/10 to 13/12. No point keeping your account open from 14th October. (see back of information sheet)
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Has anyone tried this address to open an account with Cheques
    Buckinghamshire BS
    FREEPOST
    High Street
    Chalfont St Giles
    Bucks
    HP8 4BR

As stated in here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=8612303&postcount=11

Thanks
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 4:26PM
    Options

Just be aware with the term of this Buckinghamshire RSA. It is quite unusual as you could only change the amount of monthly investment once per calendar year. Also the date of the monthly payment will need to be same every month.

So if for instance you open it with minimum amount of £10 (say) and in January 2018 (say) you change it to £500, you will need to pay £500 until the end of the year 2018 which for some people who has other accounts paying a better interest will not be good. You could still put it £500 and withdraws later it but you could only make 2 withdrawal per year.
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Also the date of the monthly payment will need to be same every month.

You made that bit up didn't you?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport