Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • only_me_123
    • By only_me_123 7th Oct 17, 12:49 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    only_me_123
    Best place to see unwanted CDs and DVDs - similar to Music Magpie
    • 7th Oct 17, 12:49 PM
    Best place to see unwanted CDs and DVDs - similar to Music Magpie 7th Oct 17 at 12:49 PM
    Hi,

i have a few CDs and DVDs that I don't want.

Can anyone recommend any good sites such as Music Magpie that offer fixed payment for items?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 2,011 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    We tried Magpie after having a good clear out.

Half of the cds were 'not recognised' and the other half were only 'worth' about 20p each.

After weighing up the cost of postage and the rest of the faff we just donated the whole lot to a local charity shop.
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 7th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 7th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    IMHO, unless they're very special, most places will offer pennies for dvds and cds, as they also sell them cheaply..
    • Moogles44
    • By Moogles44 8th Oct 17, 9:35 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Moogles44
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:35 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:35 AM
    Maybe save them for a car boot sale? You don't seem to get much for them these days unless they are quite current
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 9th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 4,382 Posts
    • 3,762 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    I found www.ziffit.com slightly better but haven't used them in ages. As above though, your mass produced CD that cost £9.99 a year ago will only ever be worth a few pence now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

8,882Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin