IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM ticket what can I do ?

lan1017uk
lan1017uk Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 13 October 2017 at 6:30PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all.

Thank you very much for this Fourm which is an amazing to help all people :T

I got on a ticket from PCM - Parking contrrol managment (UK) Ltd for my car which i just rent it for one day. It parked on a road which is Semi-enclosed residential complex.
Is there a deference between PCN and Pcm ?

I red some advice in this fourm about how can write an email for private parking company.
can I use the below text to send it to Pcm ? I thinkI have to change the words which is in red colour ?
* I tried to attachment a copy image of the ticket but I can not. Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue.
Dear Sir,

Parking Charge Notice [0123456789]: Vehicle Registration [AA11ABC]

I refer to the above-detailed Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) issued to me by Highview Parking Ltd (“Highview”) as a Notice to Hirer. I confirm that as the hirer of this vehicle, I am its keeper for the purpose of the corresponding definition under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (“POFA”) and I write to formally challenge the validity of this PCN.

You will no doubt be familiar with the strict requirements of Schedule 4 of POFA to be followed in order for a parking operator to be able to invoke keeper liability for a Parking Charge. There are a number of reasons why Highview’s Notice to Hirer did not comply with POFA; in order that you may understand why, I suggest that you carefully study the details of Paragraphs 13 and 14 of Schedule 4 in particular.

Given that Highview has forfeited its right to keeper liability, please confirm that you shall now cancel this charge. Alternatively, should you choose to reject my challenge, please provide me with details of the Independent Appeals Service (POPLA), their contact details and a unique POPLA appeal reference so that I may escalate the matter to POPLA.

Thank you for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving your response within the relevant timescales specified under the British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks alot

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    PCN = Parking Charge Notice

PCM are the initials of your Private Parking Company (PPC)

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum

use the correct template in post #1 of that thread , depending which AOS your PPC is in

acronyms are in post #9 of that same thread

DO NOT REVEAL WHO WAS DRIVING , not on here, not in any correspondence , DO NOT phone anyone up
  • Thank you very much Redx.

Unfortunately, my English language is very bad I cant understand the whole meaning :(
    I just arrive UK I have not regist with any company and I have not any membership.

Do you advice me to talk to The company that manages the residential complex.

Thank you,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I parked my car on my road which is Semi-enclosed residential complex.
    OK, but you didn't need a new thread until court claim stage because it won't just be cancelled.

We win these at small claims court stage, so come back then.

Ignore the fact PCM will reject the 'appeal'.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    OK, but you didn't need a new thread until court claim stage because it won't just be cancelled.

We win these at small claims court stage, so come back then.

Ignore the fact PCM will reject the 'appeal'.

:)

OK thank you very much
    I will Ignore them and I will not do any thing
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    But come back if you get a letter from Gladstones Solicitors called a 'Letter before Claim'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lan1017uk
    edited 14 October 2017 at 2:15AM
    Hi all again,

I checked the parking there is two yellow lines.
    so it is mean I have to pay the ticket ?

Thank you very much
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Is your car shown in the linked image? If so take it down.
  • lan1017uk
    edited 13 October 2017 at 6:20PM
    Quentin wrote: »
    Is your car shown in the linked image? If so take it down.

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    So take the link down!

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
  • Quentin wrote: »
    So take the link down!

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you

I removed the first one and still the second, its OK ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure