And now the fuse is lit...

Well...

I have a house. And a mortgage. Took years and cost a fortune, as Batman said once.

Don't talk to me about surveys (though this one at "so so" was better than many). Or surveyors (I wouldn't use this one again - seemed scared of ladders). Or vendors (though this one was great). Or estate agents (this one was truly dreadful). Or solicitors (though this one was great).

I don't suppose this diary is going to be much about finances or mortgages, because let's face it, apart from a little kerfuffle once a month (when I get paid) nothing much seems to happen. It'll probably just being rude about things, and encouraging others to be rude too... :rotfl:

Welcome aboard the mortgage diary. Hopefully it will be an express elevator to hell - going down!

Twenty five years seems a long time otherwise... :eek:
"Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
"We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
"Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
OMD 'Julia's Song'

Comments

• And there I was expecting it to be full of coupon collecting and survey searching.....:think::think::think:
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    And there I was expecting it to be full of coupon collecting and survey searching.....:think::think::think:

That's why I find it best to let people down gently.

Next they'll be expecting me to talk sense...:eek:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • As if.....
  • ZTD
    Wow...mattresses are expensive... :eek:

And I actually need 2... :eek: :eek:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome to the madhouse :coffee:

Mattresses are one of those things where it's very important to get the right one, even if it costs a bit more. Mattress in haste, repent at leisure! I speak as a man who got rid of a fairly expensive mattress 2 years later for a very expensive mattress :eek:
  • We bought ours from Ikea. We find it comfy, and a fraction of the price from elsewhere.
  • ZTD
    Welcome to the madhouse :coffee:

I've been there for a while... :D
    Mattresses are one of those things where it's very important to get the right one, even if it costs a bit more. Mattress in haste, repent at leisure! I speak as a man who got rid of a fairly expensive mattress 2 years later for a very expensive mattress :eek:

Well I'm buying them one at a time. If I don't like the first one, it's going on the spare bed (also to be bought). At least then I'll know if I want harder or softer.

Said the actress to the Bishop...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Had a small unscheduled departure from the road tonight. A combination of fog and a greasy road. Doesn't really work braking for a corner if your brakes are just going to make farty noises at you and not slow you down...

Didn't miss the corner by much, and the soft verge travelling wasn't too bad because my car has reasonable ground clearance and I was going slow (because it was foggy :doh:) but even so, something I could do without...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Silence101 wrote: »
    We bought ours from Ikea. We find it comfy, and a fraction of the price from elsewhere.

I ended up plumping for one which was rated highly in Which and the Independent newspaper.

It's a bit difficult knowing which to get, as I sleep all ways except on my front.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Been to the local town today for a Birthday card. Awful lot of empty shops for this stage of a boom.

I notice they've started putting pretty pictures on empty shops so they don't seem like empty shops. Is this the modern equivalent of the Victorian pastime of avoiding saying the word "toilet"?

And in other, but similar news...http://uk.businessinsider.com/citi-taps-35-year-old-numbers-wonk-to-revive-synthetic-cdo-business-financial-crisis-2017-9?r=US&IR=T

What's that phrase again..? Ah yes :- "LOL"...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport