IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Freestyle letter please give your ok!

Options
Hi all,
I have researched about a million threads and have come up with this freestyle version of a letter to APCOA for a parking fine of a rental car. I did not receive a letter from the rental company directly but they must have received my details from them so this is why I am concentrating more on that aspect without going into any specific details of the alleged contravention (signs, byelaws etc). What do you think?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!!!

Dear Sirs,
I write to acknowledge receipt of the above Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) dated ... relating to an alleged contravention on .... I confirm that as the hirer of this vehicle, I am its keeper for the purpose of the corresponding definition under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (“POFA”).
I am not obliged to disclose the identity of the driver and this does not affect my liability in this matter. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am angered by your outrageous allegation and unauthorized processing of data relating to me and the vehicle in question. I deny liability for any sum charged and reserve the right to press charges against your company and the landowner/principal for breaching the Data Protection Act should my data be further processed. Consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the Data Protection Act.
I look forward to your confirmation of cancelling this charge within 21 days of this letter’s date. Should this not be the case I wish to receive proof of correct transfer of liability for the charge from the driver to the keeper in accordance with Schedule 4 Paragraph 9(2)(f) POFA 2012.

Best regards,

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now and read up on the game you are now caught up in

There is a tried and tested appeal there designed to ensure you get a popla code.

Hire car keepers are advised there too
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have researched about a million threads ,

Yet you don't seem to have read the most important thread of all, nor taken heed of the good advice given on your original thread.
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Here's my ok.........................................OK.

Alternatively read the newbies thread
  • Lachsschnittchen
    Options
    Of course I read the newbies thread. The advice for car rentals does not apply to my case since I did not receive notice from the car hire company. I thought I'd go another route with my letter , I didn't think it would bring about this reaction. What a shame.
  • . I am angered by your outrageous allegation

Just what did that letter say? If it's a routine template letter, I fail to see how responding in the angry terms you propose assists. Cliff Richard responded in a more measured way - and just look at what he was falsely accused of.

I'd also not threaten anything unless you're prepared to see it through and definitely in the right. At this stage, and I appreciate you have information we do not, nothing is clear....
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If this is simply to get a POPLA code, then just add that and go ahead. If it's for bylaw controlled land, then so far it won't reach court with APCOA

The routes recommended by others on here are tried and tested, but it's often good to see what happens with others who go a different way, as long as they are aware.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Of course I read the newbies thread. The advice for car rentals does not apply to my case since I did not receive notice from the car hire company. I thought I'd go another route with my letter , I didn't think it would bring about this reaction. What a shame.

Where is the shame?

There is no point anyone here taking out time to "ok" s freestyle letter when the initial appeal letter in the FAQ thread is tried and tested!
  • Sorry, I think my English might make you angry or annoyed. I meant it is a shame that my post seem to be annoying you so much!
    So I will now send exactly the template of the newbies thread and not try any experiments but do I delete the sentence with DVLA because they have already done this to become my information?
  • Quentin
    Options
    You can leave it or change it.

The whole object is to get a popla code which you will with that template
  • Ok thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income