Tradesperson Recommendations

Options
Cotta
Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
Hi All,

Would it be worthwhile having a "Pinned Topic" thread advising of reputable tradespeople in NI?

Comments

• Mrs_Mac_1
    Options
    brilliant idea!
  • Cotta
    Options
    Maybe we could get this going and get some names on the thread?
  • mezza101
    Options
    Maybe better using organisations like TrustMark, https://www.trustmark.org.uk/ or other trade associations like Federation of Master Builders, Painting & Decorating Association etc. Also the the gas installers list on NIHE website, although not an approved list but can be fairly sure they are ok tradesmen.
  • Cotta
    Options
    mezza101 wrote: »
    Maybe better using organisations like TrustMark, https://www.trustmark.org.uk/ or other trade associations like Federation of Master Builders, Painting & Decorating Association etc. Also the the gas installers list on NIHE website, although not an approved list but can be fairly sure they are ok tradesmen.

Is that a reputable site? Happy to use such but sometimes these sites don't offer a selection from Northern Ireland, I also thought on here would have been good as it's nice to hear personal recommendations.
  • Honkycat
    Options
    Also, I've always found that "federations" are more interested in the interests of their paying members than the customers.
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Any recommendations Cotta?
  • guiriman
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    Is that a reputable site? Happy to use such but sometimes these sites don't offer a selection from Northern Ireland, I also thought on here would have been good as it's nice to hear personal recommendations.

All online recommendation sites carry their risks (fake reviews, etc), you run the same risk here for a pinned post. Would rather get recommendations when I need something from people on here that I have seen posting for a long time to be sure it's not someone who's just joined to promote themselves.
  • Cotta
    Options
    guiriman wrote: »
    All online recommendation sites carry their risks (fake reviews, etc), you run the same risk here for a pinned post. Would rather get recommendations when I need something from people on here that I have seen posting for a long time to be sure it's not someone who's just joined to promote themselves.

Yes that's true and verified members should be the only ones able to add to the pinned list. However I have seen quite a few posts on here for people looking recommendations that have went unanswered.
  • Cotta
    Options
    rolo1 wrote: »
    Any recommendations Cotta?

None to make but would be interested in finding a few such tradespeople.
  • guiriman
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    None to make but would be interested in finding a few such tradespeople.

I've a guy downstairs painting the living room right now so should know soon whether to recommend him or not....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure