Chronic disability exemption?

Options
Is it true they are starting to implement the chronic disability exemption for people who's disability is not going to improve. I have heard that assessors are writing in reports that 'this person doesn't need to attend future assessments''?

I have also heard it's not based on your disability it's how your disability effects the person plus they have set disabilities which automatically exempt you from future assessments.

Comments

• UKTigerlily
    Options
    They are planning to, but aren't as yet, so far as I know
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It would seem sensible as long as it's properly managed and controlled. There is a risk that it could end up the same as Incapacity Benefit with people being dumped in there to keep the official unemployment figures down.
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    On my PiP award letter it states that due to the fact that I have a disability which is unlikely to improve the decision-maker has recommended an award that is 'ongoing' with a recommended review date of 10 years.

It is not a complete exemption from reassessment, but certainly a step in the roght direction.
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options
    On my PiP award letter it states that due to the fact that I have a disability which is unlikely to improve the decision-maker has recommended an award that is 'ongoing' with a recommended review date of 10 years.

It is not a complete exemption from reassessment, but certainly a step in the roght direction.

I recently moved from DLA to PIP and my award letter states that the award is from the end of September 2017 to August 2028. It also states that they will contact me after August 2027.
  • tazwhoever
    Options
    On some ESA it states Ongoing. But I guess it has a limit to 3 years.
  • paragon909
    Options
    On my ESA report ESA85 i believe, The assessor put work maybe considered within 12 months. Still haven't heard anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure