Purchased fake goods on ebay

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    Brywalker wrote: »
    What a truly ridiculous sweeping statement.

Post building?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sndavid wrote: »
    Most of the eBay products are cheaply bought from AliExpress - a Chines shopping website... the quality score is really very bad, no doubt about it.

Odd that i have bought LOTS of stuff from China and only the cheap stuff is cheap.

I have bought grey items where the same factory are selling them out the back door minus labels and serial numbers.
    Preventing this is difficult. The genuine companies website will now ask for a serial number before allowing access to the updated software.
    Quality is exactly the same as the UK sourced item, but only £40 for a product thats over £100 normally.

Branded items for a fraction of their prices that are normally only sold in certain shops are most likely fake.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Brywalker
    Options
    Post building?

What is that supposed to mean?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,259 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

There is an advantage to registering posts on the forum when you fist join, the posts are usually a little odd and tend not to be thought through, just post building in order to come back later and leave links to spam.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Brywalker
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    There is an advantage to registering posts on the forum when you fist join, the posts are usually a little odd and tend not to be thought through, just post building in order to come back later and leave links to spam.

Aaah. Excuse my ignorance.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options

As per the post above.

New posters need X amount of posts before they can link to things. It's a modus operandi of some that they post odd comments which mean nothing to build up their count, and then spam the living daylights out of the forum.
  • Tallymanjohn
    Options
    I seem to remember there was an item on fake headphones on BBC's 'Fake Britain' last week (Sept 6th), so it's not a rare occurrence.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your assistance.

Ebay have closed the account and want the items returned.

What concerns me is the address ebay have given for the label is just around the corner from my house and is serviced rental rooms for Students. I have a friend who works in a similar place and gave the address he has given to confirm he lives their and they have confirmed that they moved out a couple of years ago and the room is currently empty awaiting a new tenant for the new university term.

What will happen when I send the package by tracked postage and the student halls refuse to accept it. Will I still get my refund?
  • 19lottie82
    Options
    Yes, you will. As long as there is an attempt at delivery then you will get your refund, it doesn't need to be actually delivered.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have had items returned to me while I have been away. They have gone to the sorting office as no-one is home. Ebay have then e-mailed me saying it has been delivered and I need to refund in a set time or they will.

So I'd not worry. They might have not updated their address or been worried about customers visiting them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure