Comfortable flight to New Zealand

124»

Comments

• WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Gulf Air Business Class(Falcon Gold) is not the best, but you might be able to get some sleep along the way, as the seats are lie flat, though perhaps at an angle.
    MH have fully flat on the A330

https://www.gulfair.com/on-board/falcon-gold-seats
    https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/sg/en/experience/business-class/new_level_of_comfort.html

Plus of course you have the lounges in London, Bangkok and Auckland(barely enough time in Bahrain and KL), better food onboard, priority check-in, Fast Track, extra luggage allowance etc.

Premium Economy offers little in comparison....

image.jpg

NZ1.jpg

Just an example. Other combinations may be possible. Less expensive to overnight in Bangkok. You can spend your savings on an aromatherapy or herbal compress massage.
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    If you prefer less stopovers, you can look at a Turkish Airlines/Malaysia Airlines combo,

NZ2.jpg
    NZ3.jpg

There is another good option, especially if you live in or near London. Posted to PM.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm finding new aircraft types are better for long haul, you seem to feel less tired.

Look at A350 and A380 operated flights and also B787 Dreamliner operated flights in premium economy.

On long haul it's the extra cost per hour flown that's important.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • I've flown to NZ three times, sadly always economy. The first and third times I flew with Singapore Airlines and the second time with Emirates. Each time I found good deals, using STA travel first time then Skyscanner (and Quidco for cashback). My preference is for a change in Singapore as stopping in Dubai meant an extra touch down (meaning all disembark for an hour for refueling) in Melbourne - not good. They're both good airlines. If you have a break of more than 5 hours in Singapore you can do a city tour, and it's also a great airport to visit. I've not had a formal stop over though first trip we were delayed at Heathrow so had a missed connection, and were put in a hotel for nine hours in Singapore, so saw a bit of the city.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • dondo wrote: »
    In that case you may be better in one of the transit hotels so no need to clear immigration and do one of the free tours from the airport which you don't need to clear immigration for either.

http://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-experience/attractions-and-services/free-singapore-tour.html

The tour used to only be for Singapore airlines customers, is it for anyone now?
    travelover
  • dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The tour used to only be for Singapore airlines customers, is it for anyone now?

Looks like it is open to anyone

"Eligibility Requirements

You are a transit passenger of Changi Airport.
    Your layover period is at least 5.5 hours and less than 24 hours, and your flight schedule fits in with our tour timing requirements (see Tour Timings below)."
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    pandora205 wrote: »
    My preference is for a change in Singapore as stopping in Dubai meant an extra touch down (meaning all disembark for an hour for refueling) in Melbourne - not good.

Emirates now have a non-stop Dubai to Auckland flight, as well as flights via Melbourne (and Brisbane).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure