GlobalTestMarket are changing marketpoints to Lifepoints

Options

Comments

• wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also dumped them! Was halfway to £30 which was annoying though. It'll take me years to get the amount of points needed for £30 now! Also, I'm stuck on just under £5 on mysurvey and have not had any surveys in about a month or so! Sticking with Prolific (although extremely quiet now), Valued Opinions & Swagbucks (not too keen on SB though!!).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 18 March at 4:50PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];72957541]Yes I think you're right HI they are part of the same company. Dumped them as well :D[/QUOTE]

I go through phases of making an effort with them then it gets boring :rotfl: this week I've had £10 from my survey but I know it will probably be months before I do that again :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I go through phases of making an effort with them then it gets boring :rotfl: this week I've had £10 from my survey but I know it will probably be months before I do that again :rotfl:

I got rid of them quite a while back as their helpdesk is also shockingly bad. Kept with GTM as their surveys were a bit more regular, but am not staying now they are ripping participants off.
  • hopitale
    Options
    Hi, first i apologize for off-topic question. I got a problem with receiving e-mails for gift cards that i ordered from GTM. I use a Hotmail account and there is no message in my inbox or junk folder. Anyone here experienced a similar thing or have an idea about it?
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hopitale wrote: »
    Hi, first i apologize for off-topic question. I got a problem with receiving e-mails for gift cards that i ordered from GTM. I use a Hotmail account and there is no message in my inbox or junk folder. Anyone here experienced a similar thing or have an idea about it?

Nothing here, I always use Hotmail and comes through fine, does take a few weeks after ordering
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • hopitale
    Options
    Thanks for replying. It has been almost two months and their Support is only saying "try resend & check spam". Is the sender e-mail OrderConfirmation@perks.com?
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now a 15 min survey gives 75 points and you need 3300 points for £30 Amazon vouchers

Today, I got a survey invite from GTM that was 75 LifePoints for a 20 minute survey. That's equivalent to about 22.6 MarketPoints, which is less than £2 per hour. It's no way worth it now.
  • Planet_Switzerland
    Options
    My issue with Global Test Market isn't so much the hourly rate, its the time spent doing surveys I get screened out of.

I remember some time ago working out that it took roughly 35 surveys to reach payout, it would take around a couple of months to reach it but would get around 10 invites a day, that shows just how many I would get screened out of.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I just tried to cash out my £5 paypal....only to be told I need 2,000 points in my basket to cash out. (About £20) - so what is the point in the £5 thing?

Argh! >.< Not impressed. On the flip side at least it isnt the £30 it used to be...
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • I only joined this last week so am only familiar with lifepoints.
    Are you all using the app ?
    I have just redeemed 1387 points on there for £40 paypal,but then looking online it says you need 2000 minimum,and the £40 paypal is loads more points than I've just spent so don't think I will get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure