Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Steve
    • By MSE Steve 20th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 22Thanks
    MSE Steve
    MSE News: TSB introduces iris recognition for mobile app users
    • 20th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    MSE News: TSB introduces iris recognition for mobile app users 20th Jul 17 at 6:03 PM
    TSB is set to introduce iris recognition to its mobile banking app – meaning some customers will soon be able to log in to their account simply by looking at their phone...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB Bank introduces iris recognition for mobile app users'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 21-07-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Page 1
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 21st Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    • 775 Posts
    • 712 Thanks
    Terry98
    • 21st Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    • 21st Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    It seems a good idea although I am pleased the Samsung Galaxy owners will sort out any problems for me before I can use it on my Moto G!
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 21st Jul 17, 6:22 AM
    • 1,526 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 21st Jul 17, 6:22 AM
    • 21st Jul 17, 6:22 AM
    I'd be grateful if the app updated automatically! I had two versions of it at one point. One of them with the banner 'new' in the top corner of the icon. Then they send me messages saying you appear to be using an old version. Every other app I have updates itself, unless it needs more permissions.

The new app has spent a bit on improving the graphics, but is slower and not as user friendly.
    • realaledrinker
    • By realaledrinker 21st Jul 17, 8:30 AM
    • 1,506 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    realaledrinker
    • 21st Jul 17, 8:30 AM
    • 21st Jul 17, 8:30 AM
    Hope it is better than Atom's. Gave up on that and went back to inputting the 6 digit code.
    Ethical moneysaver
    • badger09
    • By badger09 21st Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 4,325 Thanks
    badger09
    • 21st Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    Hope it is better than Atom's. Gave up on that and went back to inputting the 6 digit code.
    Originally posted by realaledrinker
    I had problems with Atom too.

Do you by any chance wear glasses? I found that it is more likely to recognise me without my glasses, even though I'm sure I had them on when I registered, as I'm useless without them
    • badger09
    • By badger09 21st Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 4,325 Thanks
    badger09
    • 21st Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    I'd be grateful if the app updated automatically! I had two versions of it at one point. One of them with the banner 'new' in the top corner of the icon. Then they send me messages saying you appear to be using an old version. Every other app I have updates itself, unless it needs more permissions.

The new app has spent a bit on improving the graphics, but is slower and not as user friendly.
    Originally posted by Nebulous2
    Thanks for that. Think I'll wait a while before downloading the new one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

2,581Users online

Martin's Twitter