Fined £100, then refunded from hm-courts.svs.gov.!? 0 points on gov license check?

Options
13»

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    It's not a grammar error, it's just incorrect use of language. Not incorrect application of a rule, just incorrect.

I often type how I speak, and I speak like someone born in Stoke-on-Trent, not someone born in Kensington.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    I often type how I speak, and I speak like someone born in Stoke-on-Trent, not someone born in Kensington.

Well, I was born in Essex, but I didn't realise people at school in Stoke were taught a different version of English.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    they still insist on using outdated breaking distance measurements

Based on, I think, a Ford Anglia. You could still buy that car and drive it on a motorway so it's still relevant to a tiny number of drivers. If people weren't getting rear ended all the time maybe we could think about updating them, but it seems that roads have got busier and people pay less attention, so we have to stick with the lowest common denominator. Presumably you've been caught speeding and don't like it.
  • JooFox
    JooFox Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Just to wade in as I just had this happen. Called the enforcement office and got told it had been cancelled due to a defect in administration on their end. Panicked as I didn't send my licence, but sure I didn't need to as I have the new one with no counterpart.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JooFox wrote: »
    Just to wade in as I just had this happen. Called the enforcement office and got told it had been cancelled due to a defect in administration on their end. Panicked as I didn't send my licence, but sure I didn't need to as I have the new one with no counterpart.

You usually still have to send it in for ID purposes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure