Default placed by Lowell - no idea about debt?

Comments

• bluenoze22
    bluenoze22 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Incredible, within 2hrs of emailing the CEO I have a response! Fingers crossed we can get to the bottom of this!
  • yoshiyella
    yoshiyella Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    bluenoze22 wrote: »
    Incredible, within 2hrs of emailing the CEO I have a response! Fingers crossed we can get to the bottom of this!

Let us know how you get on! :beer:
  • bluenoze22
    Thought it was too good to be true...

Got an email off them this morning, returned their call this afternoon - Spent 40minutes (no doubt getting charged for the pleasure) on the phone, of which around 30 was spent on hold.

They simply can't locate my account, by name or address. They seemed baffled as to why after 7yrs i didn't know my old number or didnt have an old bill knocking around!

I said to the guy in the end, i will just email my response back and demand they call Lowell to see if they know what my details where. He actually requested that i call them for the information!

Back to square one!
  • yoshiyella
    yoshiyella Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    bluenoze22 wrote: »
    Thought it was too good to be true...

Got an email off them this morning, returned their call this afternoon - Spent 40minutes (no doubt getting charged for the pleasure) on the phone, of which around 30 was spent on hold.

They simply can't locate my account, by name or address. They seemed baffled as to why after 7yrs i didn't know my old number or didnt have an old bill knocking around!

I said to the guy in the end, i will just email my response back and demand they call Lowell to see if they know what my details where. He actually requested that i call them for the information!

Back to square one!

Ask them to put that in writing that they cannot locate you account.
    Forward this (copy) to Lowell and tell them to remove the default.
  • bluenoze22
    Cool. I'll respond to the mail I sent, and ask them to confirm so I can send on.

Thanks again
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi bluenoze22,

If you'd like any help from me with this, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi bluenoze22,

If you'd like any help from me with this, email me via the form here.

bluenoze22, I would suggest that you don't waste your time with the useless vodafone reps on here.

They are just doing a pubic relations gig, but utterly fail to actually help.

They will

~ investigate, but come up with bogus conclusions
    ~ lie that they have not received emails and tickets when you can prove the they have
    ~ fob you off continually - the tactic being to wear you down and hope that you and your complaint just goes away.

to see the full extent of their tactics, read

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5614787
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • bluenoze22
    rizla_king wrote: »
    bluenoze22, I would suggest that you don't waste your time with the useless vodafone reps on here.

They are just doing a pubic relations gig, but utterly fail to actually help.

They will

~ investigate, but come up with bogus conclusions
    ~ lie that they have not received emails and tickets when you can prove the they have
    ~ fob you off continually - the tactic being to wear you down and hope that you and your complaint just goes away.

to see the full extent of their tactics, read

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5614787

Wow!!! Now that is some reading - Amazing how they think they can get away with such things! Doesn't fill me with confidence!
  • bluenoze22
    Oh and by the way, I'm playing email tennis trying to help them find my old account. It's so obvious that they have lost loads of old data when doing a system upgrade!
  • bluenoze22
    The saga continues!! I am constantly getting the same email response and being asked to call again..It is almost like they are creating multiple tickets and treating it like the 1st time they have ever heard from me!

"We are sorry that your recent experience with Vodafone led to you contacting us and I hope you will accept our sincere apologies.

I would like to thank you for your email to Customer Relations, dated 10 July 2017. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I request you to get back to us with some more information regarding your account in order to investigate the issue.

We look forward to discussing this further with you to resolve your complaint. Please could you contact our Customer Relations office on 0333 304 1259. We are available to speak with you from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday.

And the information they want is the account number I don't have! it's simply unbelievable!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure