Present for about-to-be-married man

My boss is getting married soon and I'm going to organise a whip-round. I'd expect to raise maybe £50-100. What do you think I should get him? I'm thinking something silly like "just married" fluffy dice, and then a gift voucher for a department store - but I'm open to better ideas.

Comments

• A bottle of fizz & the rest in cash? (I don't really like vouchers - smacks of didn't know what to buy you but I'm forcing you to spend it in X)

Alternatively if you can get hold of their wedding list, something off that?
  • choccyface2006
    choccyface2006 Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    I bought brother the Haynes manual of marriage:

http://www.halfmoonbay.co.uk/graphics_cache/b/d/7438-bkhy04-3-600.jpg (he's a mechanic!) :D

And an olive tree so if they have a falling out they can cut a branch and extend it to the other! The poor thing might be bare now!:rotfl:

Sarah
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What line of business is your boss in? (and how old?) It might be nice to get something that the couple can both appreciate.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What line of business is your boss in? (and how old?) It might be nice to get something that the couple can both appreciate.
    He's about 34 and he's a software manager. I don't know what his fiancee does.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    If you know where they're going on honeymoon maybe some of the local currency?
  • paddy's_mum
    paddy's_mum Posts: 3,977 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    In a similar situation, I gave the couple a pretty lined basket containing a bottle of champers, two quality champagne flutes and a flower arrangement, delivered after they returned from honeymoon.

I'm told it came at just the right time when the couple were feeling a bit flat after all the wedding excitement ... and it kept that honeymoon feeling going! :D
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Fortnum & Mason hamper (https://www.fortnumandmason.com/t/categories/hampers/price-range/51-to-100?sort=priceLH) (listed low-high / £51-100). Definitely get one with a basket.

I won one once and was over the moon - display it on top of my fridge like a yuppie LOL. Am sure it's put a grand or so on my house and added to the desirability (JOKING before someone goes off on one lol!).

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    onlyroz wrote: »
    Present for about-to-be-married man

A sympathy card. :)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    amistupid wrote: »
    A sympathy card. :)

Cheeky ;) ..
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    An internet-connected sex toy.

(And take a note of the logon details before you wrap it, then everyone in the office can log on and see how the honeymoon's going.)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure