This is just plain wierd.

2»

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No, they won't shut down, they'll just cancel courses that don't have enough eligible candidates. 6th forms and colleges are under absolutely no obligation to run an advertised course and can cancel then right up to the start of term.

You can attempt to bicker about this as much as you like as is your usual MO but it's obvious you have no idea about the new grade system, how FE works, the impact this is having on students or the impact this is having on teaching staff, otherwise you wouldn't be coming up with silly comments like above.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Aww, they removed my picture! Gone are the days of light-hearted replies!

I wonder if a ban is to follow.... Usually is when a mod removes one of my posts :o
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    In the above example, I guess a few marginal courses may be in this position, or if applications are made before results (like UCAS) then the colleges have the option to adjust entry requirements to fill a class if there's interest. Colleges may not be obliged to run any particular course, but it is in their interest to do so - they have buildings and staff and infrastructure in place to run courses, they won't simply decide to close shop if they can offer education to someone needing it. Supply will find a way to meet demand.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    daytona0 wrote: »
    Aww, they removed my picture! Gone are the days of light-hearted replies!

I wonder if a ban is to follow.... Usually is when a mod removes one of my posts :o

I thanked you for it, and agree with your sentiment about the removal, some people have a very limited sensayuma!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure