IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help..Parking Eye - Crown Wharf. Walsall

Options
Hi,
On the 27th December 2016 we visited this car park ... It was completely rammed with Christmas shoppers ... I entered the car park at 13:12 circled for ages for a spot finally got one ... Queued for ticket to find the machine was eating the money so I went to the next one purchased a ticket at 13:37 shopped and left area at 15:37 ... Was sent a parking ticket 🙄 I appealed straight away ... Was denied.. So I've appealed with POPLA and they have also rejected it basically suggesting I took the pee!!! I am going to citizens advice tomorrow to sit for 6 hrs (unpaid from work) I really don't know whether to just sit back and let them win ... Or fight it for the little man ...
Kerry xx

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't bother with CAB. They know nowt about private parking and may well tell you to pay.

That's rubbish. The PoPLA decision is not binding on you.

All you can do is wait to see if parking lie send you court paprs. Id that happens, come back here for further help.

What happened when you complained to the retailers you visited?

What did the NTK say? Did it have a paragraph saying something like, "after 29 days ..." or was there a blank space as if something was missing?
    Did you reveal who was driving in your appeal?? If so, forget my previous questions.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 March 2017 at 1:22AM
    Options
    Hi,
    On the 27th December 2016 we visited this car park ... It was completely rammed with Christmas shoppers ... I entered the car park at 13:12 circled for ages for a spot finally got one ... Queued for ticket to find the machine was eating the money so I went to the next one purchased a ticket at 13:37 shopped and left area at 15:37 ... Was sent a parking ticket �� I appealed straight away ... Was denied.. So I've appealed with POPLA and they have also rejected it basically suggesting I took the pee!!! I am going to citizens advice tomorrow to sit for 6 hrs (unpaid from work) I really don't know whether to just sit back and let them win ... Or fight it for the little man ...
    Kerry xx

This retail park features so much I'm surprised when you searched the forum for 'CROWN WHARF' as anyone should before starting a new thread, you didn't find to complain to the managing agents and they will cancel for genuine people. Happens all the time.

Do that BEFORE trying POPLA.
    I am going to citizens advice tomorrow to sit for 6 hrs

No, you are not. Don't even go there. The CAB have a diabolical misunderstanding of private parking scams.

It should be cancelled this week but do not ask us who runs the place because we don't have it in our head and newbies learn to use the forum better if encouraged to search & research. Use the search facility in this forum board* and read the most recent successes by people there, it will tell you who to email.

* the little search box level with 'NEW THREAD' but on the right only just above all the threads (NOT the box top right, that's useless).

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My advice to you is to bookmark this site, https://popla.co.uk/docs/default-source/default-document-library/popla_annualreport_2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2 particularly page 18 and base any court appeal around that, highlighting the date of the contravention and that it took you a long time to find a space and a similar time to exit.

Make sure you include copies of the report in your defence papers.
  • MARYZOFLORA
    Options
    Just an update I still haven't heard anything ��
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What, nothing back from the Managing Agents? Chase them and ask, was it cancelled?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nurse_sue
    nurse_sue Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    keep us updated please . crown wharf Walsall ..I am in a similar boat the camera picked me up at 1401 but I could not get ticket from their machine till 1409 as machine was faulty so ticket was valid till 1609 but camera said I left at 1617 true I thought there was a grace period of 10 min .
    I was by my calculation of the ticket I paid for 8 min late according to their camera .they force us to buy a ticket so surely it should be by ticket not camera .
    tried read the newbie thread but theres so many abbreviations etc difficult to follow
    I failed parking eye appeal now have to go to popla
    I did phone crown wharf thy were not interested will try stores but don't hold much hope . I will never put money in their pockets by parking there again ill go to retail parks where you don't pay like Bentley bridge
    An Infinity of forests lies dormant within the dreams of one acorn. ;) :kisses3:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nurse_sue wrote: »
    tried read the newbie thread but theres so many abbreviations etc difficult to follow

There are twelve abbreviations in total - only seven of which are relevant to the first two stages of the appeal process.

Is that really such an onerous number? Esp as if you are a nurse, you will be well used to dealing with a great many more on a regular basis professionally.
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nurse_sue wrote: »
    keep us updated please . crown wharf Walsall ..I am in a similar boat the camera picked me up at 1401 but I could not get ticket from their machine till 1409 as machine was faulty so ticket was valid till 1609 but camera said I left at 1617 true I thought there was a grace period of 10 min .
    I was by my calculation of the ticket I paid for 8 min late according to their camera .they force us to buy a ticket so surely it should be by ticket not camera .
    I failed parking eye appeal now have to go to popla
    I did phone crown wharf thy were not interested will try stores but don't hold much hope . I will never put money in their pockets by parking there again ill go to retail parks where you don't pay like Bentley bridge

Send an email to the address in post #4. Scan your receipts and attach them. Complain "you are a regular shopper but will not be returning nor will your family & friends etc"

Crown wharf has got to be one of the most stupidly designed car parks on the planet. It's like a maze.

Isn't it funny how so many of parkinglie's machines are faulty, you might even think it's deliberate. And why do you have to display the bl00dy ticket in the vehicle when it's ANPR. Oh, it wastes a bit more time walking back to car to put the non-sticky ticket on the dash. Hate that place. Better to park in the Saddlers Centre and walk back.
  • nurse_sue
    edited 16 April 2017 at 4:33PM
    Options
    I don't think theres any need for that tone pogofish
    and yes I am a nurse and that's why we don have hours to droll through loads usually because we are so knackered but thanks for constructive help
    An Infinity of forests lies dormant within the dreams of one acorn. ;) :kisses3:
  • nurse_sue
    Options
    DollyDee wrote: »
    Send an email to the address in post #4. Scan your receipts and attach them. Complain "you are a regular shopper but will not be returning nor will your family & friends etc"

Crown wharf has got to be one of the most stupidly designed car parks on the planet. It's like a maze.

Isn't it funny how so many of parkinglie's machines are faulty, you might even think it's deliberate. And why do you have to display the bl00dy ticket in the vehicle when it's ANPR. Oh, it wastes a bit more time walking back to car to put the non-sticky ticket on the dash. Hate that place. Better to park in the Saddlers Centre and walk back.
    thank you dolly dee have done
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure