Postage Cancellation Charges

Options

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wirralite wrote: »
    I an NOT disputing the ebay charge, here. This is another matter. What I am asking here is can ParcelHero (legally) charge ME a cancellation fee, for cancelling a postage label, even if it is not listed (clearly) in their Terms & Conditions. I have been through their T&Cs several times, and conducted a search for "Cancel" and "Refund"; I have been unable to find anything about a charge. Even on the website, when requesting the refund it states the charge is for a "cancelled collection" but there was never going to be a collection, unless they refer to a shop drop off as a collection. Either way I cant find it in the T&C.

Well maybe you should be, then you wouldn't need a refund from parcel hero.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • wirralite
    wirralite Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Well maybe you should be, then you wouldn't need a refund from parcel hero.

Its irrelevant....Either way Parcel Hero have not provided the service for which they have been paid. A Refund has been requested and they are (potentially) charging a fee which they may not be entitled to.

The two are completely different matters.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its irrelevant....Either way Parcel Hero have not provided the service for which they have been paid. A Refund has been requested and they are (potentially) charging a fee which they may not be entitled to.

The two are completely different matters.

They are not two completely different matters because if you can show that you have paid for the return but they chose not to use it then you won't need to pay for the method they used to return it.

Parcel Hero have provided a service. They have generated a label and offered to provide the parcel transportation. So it's not there fault that it wasn't used.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    I an NOT disputing the ebay charge, here. This is another matter. What I am asking here is can ParcelHero (legally) charge ME a cancellation fee, for cancelling a postage label, even if it is not listed (clearly) in their Terms & Conditions. I have been through their T&Cs several times, and conducted a search for "Cancel" and "Refund"; I have been unable to find anything about a charge. Even on the website, when requesting the refund it states the charge is for a "cancelled collection" but there was never going to be a collection, unless they refer to a shop drop off as a collection. Either way I cant find it in the T&C.

The sender drops off the parcel at the Collection Point (defined in the terms and conditions), it is then collected by the courier. You are cancelling the collection, and are liable for the cancellation charge.
  • wirralite
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    The sender drops off the parcel at the Collection Point (defined in the terms and conditions), it is then collected by the courier. You are cancelling the collection, and are liable for the cancellation charge.

Hmmm.....not sure you can state that as a fact.

I bring you attention to the T&Cs in which this cancellation charge is certainly not evident. This matter is currently in question with their customer services, who should reply shortly.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm.....not sure you can state that as a fact.

I bring you attention to the T&Cs in which this cancellation charge is certainly not evident. This matter is currently in question with their customer services, who should reply shortly.

You're not going to accept any response as fact that doesn't tell you what you want to hear, are you?
  • wirralite
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    They are not two completely different matters because if you can show that you have paid for the return but they chose not to use it then you won't need to pay for the method they used to return it.

Parcel Hero have provided a service. They have generated a label and offered to provide the parcel transportation. So it's not there fault that it wasn't used.

Of course they are separate issues. One is an issue with regards to ebay, and the other is ParcelHero. One can not expect ebay to be responsible for Parcel hero nor vice versa.
  • wirralite
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    You're not going to accept any response as fact that doesn't tell you what you want to hear, are you?

Not true at all. I WAS hoping for a intelligent informed response, but i might have come to the wrong place. Which is a shame, because if people who KNEW the facts commented on these forums they would build into a useful library of questions and answers that would help everyone in the future, and also prevent duplicate questions being raised because finding the useful response would be straightforward.

alas, this is never meant to be, because everyone and anyone interjects speculation, and uninformed opinion.

too bad
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,517 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like they are doing you a favour by reducing the charge by 50%.
    When a collection is booked, but you are not available to hand over the delivery

A surcharge of £5 is applied for re-booking.
    https://www.parcelhero.com/en-gb/courier-services/prices-and-surcharges
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As I said in post #2 ... some battles are worth fighting, some aren't.

OP has already invested more time in this than the issue is worth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure