B.A Holiday Deposit - Lost Job

Options
2»

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I would recommend moving funds in and out of the account regularly to keep funding levels the same, in the same way people do to meet funding requirement for higher interest rates etc.

Though given they appear to be struggling to pay for a holiday the ability to circulate funds may also be an issue.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Though given they appear to be struggling to pay for a holiday the ability to circulate funds may also be an issue.
    £75 ten times a month should do it.
  • MrRipley
    MrRipley Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »

I have the ability to pay off the holiday in full with my savings but I count the holiday as a luxury, not a necessity so I would rather go without or postpone, until I'm back in employment. The uncertainty of not knowing when I'll land a new job is why I've not paid the rest, would rather hold fire and see what happens.

No money owed on overdraft, although it's nice to have as a backup.
    Few hundred on credit card, will be paid when bill comes in, again just nice to have a backup if need be.
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mr R - very sensible IMO. If the worst happens & you can't find another job quickly enough you're right to prioritise the holiday further down, or off the list altogether.

Hope something comes your way quickly.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure