IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice from Care Parking at Aldi

Options
Hi All,

Was just looking for a bit of guidance if at all possible.

I have been shopping at Aldi for some time and have parked on their premises for numerous long stays, and have never received any charges whatsoever.

I have recently been issued with a parking charge notice from a company called Care Parking, the charge being "Exceeded Maximum Stay Period", which is cited as 18 minutes over the parking allowance.

I called Aldi to try and get the charge dropped, explaining that I was shopping on the complex, which also has numerous other retail outlets. Aldi informed me that the managing company of this car park had changed hands and been recently taken over by Care Parking. Aldi were surprised their customers had not been notified of the changeover, but noted that Care Parking were not working with them, but the landowner instead.

Aldi recommended that I get in touch with Care Parking to explain that I was shopping in their store and not misusing the car park. I have evidence from online banking that I made purchases in both Aldi and Pound Stretcher, although the amounts spent were quite low. I would have no doubt been in other stores on the complex as well.

I'd just like some advice on how to move forward with this,

Many thanks,

John

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ideally, complain to the MA or landholder and get it cancelled

as well as the above, use the correct template from the NEWBIES sticky thread and amend it to state that an occupant of the vehicle was a patron of the retailers on the site and receipts (or redacted bank statement , or both) are enclosed to show proof of patronage

it would seem that the landholder or their MA is controlling the parking regime, so not aldi (aldi tend to use PE)
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do you know who the landowner is?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • hmmmmm
    hmmmmm Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Thank you for the replies Redx, Half-way,

So I should contact the landowner as well as send the following:
    Dear Sirs,

Re: PCN No. xxxxxx

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

In order to resolve the dispute, I attach copies of the driver’s bank transactions that day as proof of patronage.

Yours faithfully,

Many, many thanks,

John
  • hmmmmm
    Options
    I'm unsure who the landowner is Half-way, is there any easy way to find out? :)
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if you cannot find out using google or searching the forum, plus if the signage on site does not say who the MA is or who the landholder is, then the easy way is to find out from the Land Registry (for a small fee)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hmmmmm wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies Redx, Half-way,

So I should contact the landowner as well as send the following:

Many, many thanks,

John

Delete your PCN number, NOW!

Anchor Security Services trading as Care Parking are BPA members so you should use the blue template for BPA members from the NEWBIES thread.

If that's what you have quoted, then that's what you should send. Nobody here is going to pull up your version and the one from the NEWBIES and do a word for word check to ensure it is the correct one. There are only two templates and only one of those is for BPA members.

A landowner cancellation is always the best way to deal with this sort of thing, but don't miss the appeal deadline for the PPC.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    corporation st preston?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • hmmmmm
    Options
    Hi Pappa Golf,

Yes, Corporation st Preston :)

Thanks
  • hmmmmm
    Options
    Also the issue date on the Parking Charge is 20th February and it says I only have 28 days to make payment.
  • hmmmmm
    Options
    Thanks Fruitcake, I've deleted that now and have used the correct template
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business