Parking on Heathrow Terminal 4

Options
Hello members

I am going on holiday end of this month. The parking charges through heathrow's own website have increased substantially and therefore no longer my first option. The charge is around £170

Now I have purple parking selling theirs directly £150 or via Holiday extras for £130 and via looking4parking £123.

Has anybody booked via parking comparison websites and are there any downsides or going directly is better?

Please help I have never used anyone other than Heathrow long stay in the past.

thanks for your help

Comments

• Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try booking a hotel with the parking either the night before departure on on arrival. Even if you don't use the room it can still work out cheaper the than parking by itself.
  • imran22
    imran22 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    I am going away for about 17 days. I assume no hotel will give me a room for under £50 a day?
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    imran22 wrote: »
    I am going away for about 17 days. I assume no hotel will give me a room for under £50 a day?

You typically pay for one nights accommodation, and parking for the duration. You don't need to use the room, but can be helpful depending on your travel plans.
    Legal team on standby
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Options
    imran22 wrote: »

A hotel deal might work out expensive for 17 days. Most of them are good value up to 14 nights but I would play around with the HolidayExtras site to see what you can get.

Don't forget that if you use HolidayExtras you can typically get around 10% cashback through Quidco.
  • LairyMary
    LairyMary Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I have travelled a couple of times in the past 6 months and actually found the Premier Inn Sleep Park Fly deal to be really awesome. You can stay at the hotel the night before or the night you return, the parking is provided through Purple Parking but I ended up with a valet service practically (both times!) You go to the short stay car park at the terminal, drop your car off with Purple Parking, they move it to their facility, and then they bring your car back so its waiting at short stay when you get back. It was an awesome service and the same price as just paying for the parking elsewhere!! Worth checking out
  • LairyMary
    LairyMary Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Oh an I was away for 18 days - I think from memory the deal includes 15 nights but once you have booked you can just called Purple Parking directly and tack a couple of extra days on (which is about £15!)
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Options
    Depending on how far you are from Heathrow it may be worth considering getting a local car company to drop you off and pick you up on your return. Particularly if you have spent hours travelling, having someone else drive you and avoiding the hassle of picking up your own car is well worth having.
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    Are there any special offers?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts