Buyers on ebay - What is your stupid complaints?up your

Options
I had one earlier in the week that they complained that my packaging was ugly to look at when it arrived.
OK I used a bit of parcel tape, but wanted to make sure the item was secure.
I felt like replying saying.
Oh don't worry my apologises that the parcel was not wrapped in gold leaf or the label wasn't in professional handwriten calligraphy & enclose the clip of the below you tube video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWim6C73RQ

Comments

• November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was asked for £6 to pay for batteries as the demo batteries that came with the toy had run out after a week, they also mentioned quite seriously that they hadn't realised the talking moving toy would need batteries at all!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2017 at 9:56AM
    Options
    One I've mentioned before and which still amuses me from about 18 years ago. I sold a piece of china, a pin dish and sold it as a 3 inch xxxx ....pin dish, mentioned the size in the listing and also had a photo of it against a steel rule.

Buyer left neutral feedback as 'the dish was smaller than expected'. In those good old days I immediately left a neutral back for her saying 'how big did you want your 3 inch pin dish?'

And more recent one, sold a high street branded dress, lets say River Island, mentioned River island everywhere , item description , title, item specifics and even had a photo of the label. Buyer complained to me that she was disgusted and appalled that I had sold her a River island Dress for £12 when she could have gone and got one herself in the sale, and that I had given her sleepless nights with rage and spoilt her entire birthday (the usual rubbish from the snowflake generation). Even though this was on my private account I had returns enabled so just told her to return it or a full refund, but apparently she couldn't get to a PO as she was disabled and she wanted her money back immediately . I just kept insisting I would accept a return and she left me a negative mentioning scam seller- sold me a River Island dress instead of designer.

Phoned ebay and thank goodness they removed the neg on the basis that item specifics showed the brand and the neg mentioned the brand as a complaint. Never did get the dress back and it made me remember why I hate selling clothes on ebay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I he a go at selling clothes on EBay - nightmare. All the size 14s who think they are a 12
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    Options
    I he a go at selling clothes on EBay - nightmare. All the size 14s who think they are a 12

Goodness yes, I forgot those ones. That sinking feeling when after you have posted something they email to ask whether the size was 'generous' as so many things are cut wrongly, and yet when you check their feedback they have bought a 12 from you and all their other purchases have been 16+.....
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been selling dvds we no longer want , i sold a set in the description is said series 1-5 and there were photos of all five but one buyer asked which i was selling series 1 or 5 ?:wall:
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A long time ago I listed 5 square metres of block paving with pictures of the stack, I had one question how much area will 5 square metres cover, how big is the stack was another one.

They sold in the end for about the same as you could get them new and delivered, the buyer assured me he knew about the weight of them, on the day of collection he turned up in a small people carrier paid for the blocks and proceeded to overload the car with just over half the blocks and had to leave the rest for a second trip, he did come back the same day but about four hours later so you can work out how far he had to go. He seemed happy and left good feedback, I did wonder whether his next buy would be for new suspension for his car.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • soolin
    Options
    billn wrote: »
    A long time ago I listed 5 square metres of block paving with pictures of the stack, I had one question how much area will 5 square metres cover, how big is the stack was another one.

They sold in the end for about the same as you could get them new and delivered, the buyer assured me he knew about the weight of them, on the day of collection he turned up in a small people carrier paid for the blocks and proceeded to overload the car with just over half the blocks and had to leave the rest for a second trip, he did come back the same day but about four hours later so you can work out how far he had to go. He seemed happy and left good feedback, I did wonder whether his next buy would be for new suspension for his car.

On Facegroup I gave away a 3 and a 2 seater sofa - almost new but they hurt my husband's neck. Gave the dimensions, explained that a medium sized van would be needed and stressed several times 'collection only'. I had Loads of enquiries about them wanting them and then on the day of collection I was getting 'oh, are you not delivering these?' When I finally got someone to turn up to collect they bought a small family Peugeot and actually wanted us to try and fit the bits in! I also had someone ask if they could have just the 2 seater as they were sure it would fit in their standard Golf hatchback.

Eventually I got fed up and allowed a dealer to come and collect, he turned up with someone to help him load and a large white van. I got a lot of hate mail after that as apparently I shouldn't encourage these dealers when there are needy people who wanted a sofa. I had already tried all the charity shops and they didn't want it as they were electric recliners and apparently didn't sell.
  • lewishardwick
    Options
    Listed a lens for an old SLR I no longer had the body for.

After bidding, winning and paying (!) the 'buyer' then started asking technical questions.

After discovering it wasn't suitable they started getting all snarky. So I just responded with the "bidding is a contract".

They huffed and puffed and eventually have up and left neutral feedback.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a buyer who picked up an item from me, a blind, later complain that it looked white, despite me describing it as grey. When I pointed out the description said grey she said she was far too busy to read descriptions.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    When I pointed out the description said grey she said she was far too busy to read descriptions.

We pesky sellers do like to aggravate our buyers by giving them words to read that might actually help them with their purchases. We really should utilise our built in crystal ball so that we know what the buyer is really expecting to receive and send them that rather than the widget that we've advertised.

;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport