Blackmore group

Options
Does anyone know anything about Blackmore group?

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,655 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You might get more helpful answers if you posted details of what you're looking at and a link to them. Doesnt google show anything?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Hi
    I am currently looking into the best deal for investing 5k - Blackmore offer a 4 years investment at 8.9% interest or 5 year investment for 9.9% interest - is this too good to be true ?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Read post #3
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 February 2017 at 2:01PM
    Options
    I am currently looking into the best deal for investing 5k -

As it is investing rather than saving then that is ok as that is an investment option. It is an extremely high risk investment option with no consumer protection and 100% loss of capital possible. Don't know how that fits with your investment portfolio and investment behaviour and knowledge or capacity for loss.
    is this too good to be true ?

No. its not too good to be true. It does offer that. It is high because it reflects the loss potential of the capital you are investing.

How did you find out about this investment? It is not something you find easily as it is not a retail financial services product and should not be marketed like those.

Its a good job you didnt say you were looking for the best deal for your savings. As the answer would have been very different.

;)

For the benefit of other posters, the FCA mentioned they are now looking at bonds that are being mistaken for fixed term deposits and have called it one of their "emerging risks". So, if anyone comes across a bond in a list of fixed term deposits or an advert for one that is out of place (i.e. clearly being made to retail consumers) then you should report it to the FCA. Maybe give them a link to the advert and the corresponding thread or threads here to show how naive individuals are being caught by these. When something is on the FCA radar, they tend to take notice. When its not on their radar, they don't. This is on their radar.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jimjames
    Options
    Hi
    I am currently looking into the best deal for investing 5k - Blackmore offer a 4 years investment at 8.9% interest or 5 year investment for 9.9% interest - is this too good to be true ?

Have you already filled your S&S ISA allowance this year? If not then why are you not using that first?
  • elephantrosie
    Options
    avoid bonds.
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • jimjames
    Options
    avoid bonds.

Why's that?
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Two first time posters asking naive questions about an "savings" opportunity?
    It stinks.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    avoid bonds.

Which bonds?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure