IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ZZPS PCN fine - Am i in trouble?

windymiller18
windymiller18 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 23 November 2016 at 7:29PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Admin, if you read this please delete this thread & posts.

Apologies.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    All the advice you need is contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, and as you are at debt collector stage (ZZPS), post #4 is the appropriate place to start.

And, no, you're not in trouble!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thankyou Umkomaas,

I will read the sticky and hope to get to the bottom of this,

Cheers,
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    All the advice you need is contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, and as you are at debt collector stage (ZZPS), post #4 is the appropriate place to start.

And, no, you're not in trouble!

Hi Umkomaas,

I see you don't accept PM's, understandable.

I have read the sticky extensively now...

In my first appeal to NCP, i cannot remember if i admitted to being the driver of the vehicle. Does this compromise my case?

I denied all fault and exclaimed my reasoning for being in the car park for this amount of time.

Kind regards,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Largely immaterial now what you said to NCP, unless they decide to take this to court. The last court case they pursued cost them in excess of £100,000 (see NCP -v- Mayhook). They've shown no inclination to meet a judge ever since!

Why have you erased your opening post? What was the date of your parking event (month/year will be fine).

Don't take PMs as so many posters seemed to think they 'owned' me and wanted my exclusive attention to their problem only. I don't know of any regular who leaves their PM box open.

Why were you trying to PM me?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi Umkomaas,

I see you don't accept PM's, understandable.

I have read the sticky extensively now...

In my first appeal to NCP, i cannot remember if i admitted to being the driver of the vehicle. Does this compromise my case?

I denied all fault and exclaimed my reasoning for being in the car park for this amount of time.

Kind regards,

Doesn't matter - NCP never sue but keep these daft letters anyway and come back if NCP break the habit of a lifetime. They got their fingers so badly burnt by the Mayhook case a few years ago, that we can't see them trying to become litigation experts!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi Coupon, Umkomaas,

If this post breaches any 'thread resurrection rules' please let me know,

I have now reached the point in my pcn where i have received a "Formal Letter of Claim" from Wright Hassall,

To date i still have not replied to any written correspondence beyond the above stage mentioned (receival of a ZZPS letter)

I can only assume that a "formal letter of claim" is a thinly veiled request for money that is meant to appear as an official Letter before Claim, as they mention further lack of response means they'll have to 'pass it on' to their litigating team.
    They've shown no inclination to meet a judge ever since!
    Doesn't matter - NCP never sue but keep these daft letters anyway and come back if NCP break the habit of a lifetime. They got their fingers so badly burnt by the Mayhook case a few years ago, that we can't see them trying to become litigation experts!

I'm currently being held accountable to the tune of £196.00 which i do not intend to pay. Your faith in NCP's unwillingness to litigate has comforted me abit, but are there any steps i should be taking at this point (what with the new letter?) that i would be unwise to ignore.

Cheers,

(I'd bake you guys a cake if i could, it'd cost me less than £196)

-Windy
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Who does it say their client is? Not ZZPS by any chance?
  • In this letter they do not mention a client or any previous correspondence.

In their previous letter they said

"We have been instructed by ZZPS limited who are acting on behalf of National Car Parks LTD..."
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 January 2017 at 1:29AM
    So this is just a debt collector letter, no big deal:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203747112-Wright-Hassall

NCP never sue anyone except the single issue last year (to do with the fall-out from the Mayhook case I believe):

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Car_Parks.html

Relax, nothing has changed, you are just ignoring a debt collector letter chain.

Google a short memorable phrase from each letter and you can find them in Google Images in minutes, taking you to endless forum threads already discussing the same daft letters again and again, since the year dot!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure