Nuaire Drimaster heat

Options
Hi

Really need some advice on the above

About 3 years ago we had a drimaster heat installed in our upstairs masionette. The installer said he had never seen such bad condensation- the carpet at the bottom of the stairs was wet with dripping off the ceiling and there was black mould.

Anyway he set it up saying he had set it to maximum and i could turn it down when things got better.

I turned it down this summer but recently had to turn it up again but I think I may have set it incorrectly. I have set it at maximum airflow with the auto heat sensor on setting 4 - it blows cold air all the time and the air heat setting about 10 degrees.

This has largely cured the damp but not all the time and i am not sure what to do next, do I turn the air temp up which will just eat electricity or do i get it serviced.

Sadly my partner threw away the receipt so I have no idea who installed it

Now here is a long shot, we live in Birmingham and the installer was within travelling distance- the cheque had the word diamond in it I think- told you it was a long shot.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• mavisangelica
    Options
    I bought ours from Platinum Chemical Supplies (I am thinking tenuous links here) .

But have you looked at this approved list of installers?

http://www.nuaire.co.uk/our-products/residential/solutions-for-contractors/bpec-training/a-z-listing-nuaire-bpec-course/

I am afraid I can't tell you what my settings are but this may help (think mine may be on three)?

http://nuaire.info/IandM/671425.pdf

I have my heater wired into a three pin plug and have it timed to only come on for a few hours in the morning and in the evening.
    It's the best purchase I have made - our windows used to be really bad in the winter but we have no condensation at all now.

Also here is the other thread which it was discussed what settings people have.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4178333&page=3
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in February Challenge 114/100
    Ditch 100 in March Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in April Challenge 75/100
  • jon1965
    jon1965 Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the reply

I have looked at installers in Birmingham , I think he was possibly from the black country but am not sure. Its all a bit mad timing wise atm, I am busy every day this week and we go away next Monday for xmas - I will look at the other thread thanks
  • alejamruc
    Options
    From my experience with the Drimaster Eco Heat, I find the heating element is more to stop you noticing a jet of cold air when you are near the vent. It isn't an effective way of actually changing the ambient temperature of your house. Your central heating is miles more efficient.

Also, increasing the air temperature isn't the most effective way of stoping condensation - not creating moisture in the first place, or getting the moisture out of your house is much more effective. I would therefore recommend turning up the fan speed rather than changing the termperature.

Also, if you get your head around the physics of how these things works, you can also get clever with targeting its effects.

The flow of air created by the Drimaster will try to take the path of least resistance, so you can effectively channel the ventilation and clear out moist rooms more quickly.

For example, when having a hot bath, I put the unit on 'boost' (as we bought the wireless control unit as well), turn the bathroom extractor on, leave the bathroom door open and close all other doors in the house. With the extractor sucking air out of the bathroom and the Drimaster pushing it in, air heads straight towards the bathroom and clear it out quickly. When doing that, we don't even get mist on our bathroom mirror.

During the day, when no extra moisture is being created in any particular room, I then just leave all of the doors ajar do the whole house gets an airing.

That strategy seems to be working very well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure