Unable to get insurance..

2»

Comments

• Nasqueron wrote: »
    Because, as the OP stated, they wrote off a car and didn't declare it on the next quote they got?

Yes. Not sure what's to question?

They would have been asked "any accidents, claims or losses", and by the sounds of it didn't disclose that accident.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes. Not sure what's to question?

They would have been asked "any accidents, claims or losses", and by the sounds of it didn't disclose that accident.

You stated

"You need to write to the company (I presume insurer) and ask them to remove this market, and provide justification as to why."

That is pointless, they won't remove the marker because the OP knowingly didn't disclose a write off on their insurance quote to get cheaper insurance and they were found out. That is the justification.
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    You stated

"You need to write to the company (I presume insurer) and ask them to remove this market, and provide justification as to why."

That is pointless, they won't remove the marker because the OP knowingly didn't disclose a write off on their insurance quote to get cheaper insurance and they were found out. That is the justification.

On a personal level I agree, however there is no harm in trying. The insurer may consider this, given it was a few years ago.
  • chewycov
    chewycov Posts: 35 Forumite
    After thinking more straightly about it, the time of the marker does indeed line up with the non disclosure in question more or less. My own fault yes yes.

I just find it strange that I've had that marker since early 2014, and only in mid 2016, after an additional 3 car insurance policies that have either run their course or have been cancelled by ME when changing cars, that an insurer (or rather an underwriter, being Highway) have decided that they care about it.
  • Perhaps they changed their acceptance criteria and no longer accept this?

Historic acceptance isn't precedence to future acceptance.
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Quentin wrote: »
    Insurers normally ask if you ever had a policy cancelled.

When I was renewing my car insurance last month I did a dummy quote with Direct Line who asked if I had a policy cancelled in the last 5 years.
  • chewycov
    chewycov Posts: 35 Forumite
    Perhaps they changed their acceptance criteria and no longer accept this?

Historic acceptance isn't precedence to future acceptance.

I imagine that this is the case.

Whenever I've done car insurance quotes it's always asked me if I've EVER had a policy cancelled, not within 5 years. It asks for info on claims, convictions etc usually for 5 years but sometimes for 3. The policy I have now asked for 3 years and I was only 2 weeks away from the 3 year mark lol, but oh well.

For decency's sake I think I'll leave the CIFAS marker as is until it's been 5 years following my claim, then I may ask if it can be removed, seeing as misinformation surrounding the claim is the whole reason it's there in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure