Anybody heard of CWL

Comments

• Thank you all for your insight - very interesting, especially regarding scam forum posts. After declining to proceed a couple of weeks ago they have now been back in touch with an improved offer. £100 credit card deposit followed by £2895 transfer. All money back if not in profit after 6 months.....
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thank you all for your insight - very interesting, especially regarding scam forum posts. After declining to proceed a couple of weeks ago they have now been back in touch with an improved offer. £100 credit card deposit followed by £2895 transfer. All money back if not in profit after 6 months.....

Hahahaha

You really are trying to prove that there is one born every minute!
  • DesG wrote: »
    Hahahaha

You really are trying to prove that there is one born every minute!
    Sounds more like a desperate salesman for the company to me!
  • This outfit are a bunch of scammers, I had someone ring me up from there trying to sell me this amazing software.

The old trick of only a few licences left at this special price was used, along with the very hard sell. They will try and close the sale using whatever means necessary.

I was toying with the bloke and saying to him why not give it to me a for a 2 week trial and if it works I will buy it, but he wasn't having it as it has to be installed on your desktop(after shelling out £5k for it), and no cloud solution available.(must admit that seems a bit odd for a high-tech software company not to have this).

Also asked him why the large pension funds aren't using this software and he started waffling on about margins they make or something ridiculous.

My advice is steer well clear, although their dummy website and fake reviews they have created are pretty convincing.

Their salesmen are ex-timeshare on the Costa Del Sol that have read the FT a few times I would say.
  • Gadfium
    Gadfium Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 February 2017 at 12:40PM
    According to their spokesperson they are able to better predict rises and falls using data collected over ten years. So how about me asking for the software free of charge? After 2 years of trading with an investment of 2k they "guarantee " I will have 30k profit. So then I will pay them for the software from my profits.??? Rather than paying upfront....Risk to me is 2k which I hold in a trading account and is liquid. Risk to them is greater if I don't make the profits they suggest......

I can beat their offer, no problem. If you send me your money I will *personally* guarantee to make you £35K.
    Where would you like me to wire the monies to?

• Run guys, just run from these guys. I'm a victim after persistent calls fell for it .....................huge regret, the software is so disappointing, prompts you to buy the "so called" best stock and you eventually lose you money, so what's the point predicting that you buy that stock! Anyways I realised I've been an idiot, called them after trading for 5months that I'll like to pull out, apparently accepted my reasons, emailed me to confirm closure of account within their so-called 30days processing period, it's been 90days or more now, i have called trying to at least see if i can get some money back, apparently the deal sold to me was that if I'm not happy they can buy back the software at a discount price, so I at least get some quids back - ALL LIES!!, calls just drops each time or is permanently engaged, I guess someone has blocked my email, they won't response to my email as well - Lost in total £2995 - SO SAD!:mad:
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Malthusian wrote: »
    You should definitely ask CWL why they don't offer to give you the software in exchange for, say, 10% of all your profits

That would still be pretty one sided unless they were sharing your losses too.
    It would be like me giving you lottery numbers, sharing your profits if you win, but not sharing your losses when you lose.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ladidemi1 wrote: »
    - Lost in total £2995 - SO SAD!:mad:

On the upside, consider that £3k money well spent as financial education. That could save you from much bigger scams and losses in future. £3k is peanuts compared to what some have lost in various other "too good to be true" schemes.

You've had a harsh lesson that hopefully will put you in good standing long term because you won't forget it.

You could always report this to Action Fraud as well, you never know something may come of it, though it won't be your £3k.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ladidemi1 wrote: »
    Run guys, just run from these guys. I'm a victim after persistent calls fell for it ...
    It's time to change your phone number. You're on a mugs list. ;)
  • is this a ponzi scheme?
    Another night of thankfulness.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family