How to light front garden path?

Options
Hello all

My front garden path is so dark when the night comes and wondering what people would recommend as a cheap option to light it up so you can see where you are walking etc? any links ie ebay/amazon would be helpful!

Thanks all in advance!

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your question skips neatly over the matter of whether you want to have a mains-powered light or something easier to install, so I'd imagine you probably want battery with solar charging.

The problem with Amazon etc is that people typically review not long after purchase, which isn't long enough to judge something like a Chinese-made outdoor light. These are also much more likely to work in summer than in ther dour days of winter.

I can only say that my Lidl mains powered floodlight costing £11 has been brilliant, needing no adjustment from the factory setting. Trouble with Lidl is that when they're gone, they're gone!
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    Options
    Cheapest and easier way would be some cheap LED pathfinder lights. They won't last and they aren't that bright but they just about do the job and are as cheap as chips.
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    I have a security light, but wanted more lighting up my front steps - they're quite large steps, each being a full sized flag, though not deep steps. I bought four solar lights in the Wilkinson's sale about three years ago, and put one on each side at the top and bottom of the steps. They're fine and have lasted since then. I replaced one last week, again with a solar light from Wilko's. I also have six in a large plant pot by my front door, circling a plant.

I think I paid 75p each for the first ones, and £1 each last week.
  • 27cool
    27cool Posts: 267 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2016 at 4:39PM
    Options
    blackcloud wrote: »
    Hello all

My front garden path is so dark when the night comes and wondering what people would recommend as a cheap option to light it up so you can see where you are walking etc? any links ie ebay/amazon would be helpful!

Thanks all in advance!
    Why don't you just ask Mr Google to find you a path light. That's what the rest of us would do.
  • DexterHii
    Options
    Bring along a lamp.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    27cool wrote: »
    Why don't you just ask Mr Google to find you a path light. That's what the rest of us would do.
    OP is aware of Google, Amazon & Ebay, just like the restof us, but wants a recommendation from someone who has had a light long enough to judge its efficiency/longevity.
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bought one of these from Amazon in December 2014 and it's been excellent. Have only had to change the batteries once.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002P6EQPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    You can get low-voltage lights, which run through a transformer (which usually has to be indoors).

Brighter and more reliable than solar lights, but cheaper and safer to install than mains lighting.

Lots of suppliers; the link is just for an example.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure